Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age - Now featuring Marilyn Manson

Warden

Arbiter
Hegel said:
Love is in the air :oops:

I woudn't touch him even with a stick, even if he was the last mustard jelly on Earth.

Hegel

Arcane
Warden said:
Hegel said:
Warden said:
Jaesun said:
Welcome Hegel. As a new member of the codex you might want to know arguing anything with Volourn is utterly pointless.

He might be utterly pointless, but you're pointless and slimy. Something like a mustard jelly.
Touche'

Is your nick Jaesun or is it Hegel? If it's the latter I don't know why the fuck did you answer.

Ah, I see you realised your confusion and edited your post. :)

:cool:

Fyz

Scholar
All this talk about vulgarity made me realize that the music being just as vulgar as the trailer, makes them fit together perfectly.

Hegel

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Hegel said:
Warden said:
Jaesun said:
Welcome Hegel. As a new member of the codex you might want to know arguing anything with Volourn is utterly pointless.

He might be utterly pointless, but you're pointless and slimy. Something like a mustard jelly.
Love is in the air :oops:

Warden is just mad at me, because I wont give him my big cock pics.

Anyways, welcome, and be SURE to read the General Discussion forums. Very high quality discussions going on there! :monocle:
Thanks, already doing that. I see hating jews and tanned people is still common on the internet :twisted:

Hegel

Arcane
Fyz said:
All this talk about vulgarity made me realize that the music being just as vulgar as the trailer, makes them fit together perfectly.
You know, Marylin Manson did some decent stuff, and seeing an interview I realized he's not that retarded.

Melcar

Arcane
Hegel said:
Fyz said:
You know, Marylin Manson did some decent stuff, and seeing an interview I realized he's not that retarded.

He's very well spoken.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Melcar said:
Hegel said:
Fyz said:

He's very well spoken.

His autobiographical was also a good read. I gained a little respect from him from reading it.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I found the trailer to be somewhat lacking in artistry. However, I think at the end of the day, it does it's job well. When marketing a product, it makes complete sense to target as large an audience as possible. That doesn't necessarily mean that the game will turn out poor. I can't remember the last time I saw a trailer for any medium that didn't try to stand out in such a way.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yeah I noticed, he takes things too personal"

L0LZ

"Stay cool, you forgot the use of the "quote" button along with committing typos."

I don't 'forget' the quote button. I quote just fine using actual QUOTATION MARKS. R00fles!

And, typos happen. *shrug*

"I wouldn't want you to forget how to breathe as well, the next step would see you turn green and ravage the country, or was that ictus?"

The day I 'forget to breath' over I N T E R N E T N O N D R A M A is a day that will never happen.

" Maybe he's a Bioware employe. "

Your theory is weak. First off, BIO hates me. Secondly, I don't post at their forums all that much - not since NWN's heyday anyways. Thirdly, I criticize BIO and their games quite a bit but people conviently ignore that because I don't slobber over it like that too. Fourthly, I actually criticized this very trailer but people conviently ignore that fact as it's cooler to make stuff up.

R00fles!

Naked Ninja said:
Music - not even br00tal; with lyrics critiquing the state of pop-culture industry (Bioware included). Hands up who (still) listens to MM (or Linkin Park)?

*Sticks hand up for both.*

Oh hells, does that mean I'm not cool anymore? That's always been important to me, being considered cool by the kids in "the scene". Is MM passé these days?

Quickly, someone tell me what I should like and dislike based on mass consensus!

:lol:

No but I might not be so surprised now if Scars of War has a crappy new-metal soundtrack a la Devil May Cry 3 & 4.

Also...realtalk; Marilyn Manson has nothing on Alice Cooper or David Bowie, the "original" shock rockers.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Naked Ninja said:
Music - not even br00tal; with lyrics critiquing the state of pop-culture industry (Bioware included). Hands up who (still) listens to MM (or Linkin Park)?

*Sticks hand up for both.*

Oh hells, does that mean I'm not cool anymore? That's always been important to me, being considered cool by the kids in "the scene". Is MM passé these days?

Quickly, someone tell me what I should like and dislike based on mass consensus!

:lol:
Lol indeed. Where did I write anything about "mass consensus", "scene" or "cool"? If you tend to use your brain while listening to music your tastes will change/refine over the years - that's what I meant.

[Don Quixote]
MM or LP can appeal only to people that are easily influenced by teenage angst or don't know shit and will rave about something they think is "radical". Musically, both bands are weak - neither original nor technically proficient. It's OK if you're 17 and listen to them, but I bet you're older. So it's either nostalgia (from back when you were 17) or you're an ignoramus.

If I would be making a trailer I would choose something that:
- fits musically (pain, war, suffering deserves something more drastic than MM)
- fits lyrically (f.e. not about "My crib, my cars, my pools, my jewels")
- I consider it very good (if I feel I'm enough open minded)
- is not too hermetic (but also not totally mainstream)

Bioware failed, although those half-assed graphics deserve some half-assed music. Entertainment for the dimwitted.
[/Don Quixote]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom