Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Origins is ten years old today

hrmo

Barely Literate
I remember being a hyped little fag for this game in 2009, and being very anxious about whether the UI was gonna be good or not etc etc and then buying it for full faggot price at release and playing it and being like "wow damn what an age we live in these real time 3d environments look as good as Infinity engine renders" and then that wearing off completely after the first lets say 5 hrs and realising that it was actually a boring, lame slog of a game, and that the writing was really intense Whedoncore shit not unlike KOTOR, or perhaps worse, and then I finished it and felt like I had wasted my time and should have just played the Witcher again or something.

Now I am a excited little queer about Baldur's Gate 3 and I will probably feel the same way when I finish it also, perhaps with less of a sense of having wasted my time.

It's true what people said earlier in the thread tho, in 2009 the situation was dire for RPGs unless you wanted to play another Avernum/Geneforge game so it was easy for this to look good in comparison to anything else out at the time.

hrmo

Barely Literate
I started it last night after I made that post and 3-4hrs in its a very standard Larian game with a D&D license so I'll probably think what I thought when I finished OS1 and 2 which was "that was fine"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom