Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drakensang is too complicated says GameSpot

deranged

Cipher
Marcelo21 said:
overtenemy said:
http://ouugh.blogspot.com/2009/03/realms-of-arkanianwinter-nights.html

more accurate review imo

shit that was funny thanks :lol:

Even funnier the review for PST...

http://ouugh.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html

I quote:

Still, I have hope that Bethesda will one day purchase the rights from Interplay and make Planescape Double: The Revenge of Vhailor, now in first person, like a game SHOULD be. That has potential to be even better than Fallout 3, and I don't say that lightly.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What kind of joke is this?

Drakensang, too complicated? What about Oblivion?

Let's see..

8 Attributes
4 Derived Attributes
14 Birthsigns
10 Playable Races
21 Skills with five mastery levels grouped into 3 Spezializations
98 Skill Perks related to aforementioned mastery levels
A plethora of magic effects

Yeah, what the hell was Radon Labs thinking. They should've taken a lesson from the pros - and by that, I mean Piranha Bytes.
Gothic (not 3) ftw!

The bile, it is rising again.

1eyedking

Erudite
Blackadder said:
1eyedking said:
Wyrmlord said:
Because obviously VD being a married 38 year old with children and a VP of marketing is one of those people without jobs and families.
Wasn't VD a sexually frustrated virgin anime fag? At least that's what I can gather from lurking the NMA forums.

Where does the hate spring from? I keep seeing it, time and again. Let the hurt out. Just let it out. VD what did you do to this poor child?
I don't hate him or anything, man. In fact he's one of the few in this forum who's nice to have around. I may not agree with everything he says, but I respect him nonetheless, and I'd rather have him giving his opinion (which at times I do not share), bitching about the industry and pimping his game than keeping quiet. At least his ego is constructive rather than Toady One's, who keeps wasting time stroking it with empty elitist code instead of making his goddamn games playable.

Dire Roach said:
Vault Dweller said:
Now I'm confused.
The whole "I play games to relax, not to be challenged" notion along with the "I don't have time for anything" whine seem to be very popular phrases among reviewers and developers these days, especially when discussing what a game experience should be like.
This whole mentality is quite contradictory, in fact; on the one hand this public asks for relaxing, non-challenging games because they have very little time to play, but on the other they also seem to demand 80+ hour material.

The only thing I can make of it is that it seems to be a marketing spin intended to make such a public feel less guilty about playing videogames.

DiverNB

Liturgist
I like both types of games. There are times when I want to be challenged, and then there are times when I just kind of want to go with the flow and not have to use my entire brain. That's usually why there are separate genres, ARPGs, shooters, RPGs, etc.

I like to have a good mix, my mood often varies.

Ravn7

Educated
Those reviewers are getting more and more stupid with every fucking day. It seems unbelievable but even simple FPS are too complicated for them. I was reading The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena review and I had to stop, because I started to plan how to kill the guy.

Along with the good comes the bad and Escape from Butcher Bay can't escape the sins of the past -- and neither can Dark Athena. Both games are absolutely terrible at leading the player to their next quest. I'm not suggesting that there needs to be giant flashing arrows on the ground, but the quest screens rarely tells you where to head and there is so much backtracking (particularly in Butcher Bay) that it's easy to run around in circles. There is rarely the audio cue or camera pan to suggest where to head next.

There is one part in Dark Athena, in fact, where a cutscene ended and the game had me facing the wrong direction from where I needed to go. Trained by years of proper game design, I made the poor assumption that I was being aimed in the correct direction. An hour later, I'd searched every inch only to finally discover I was never supposed to go in the very direction I was pointed. It can be, at times, unbelievably frustrating to figure out where you're supposed to be headed.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/968/968316p1.html
There are only simple corridors in this game! Oh, but he doesn't need "giant flashing arrows on the ground". He needs only little arrows in a corner!!!

Fuck. Where do they get these morons from?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom