Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dual (or multi) monitor games

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, I recently bought a second monitor. It's unfortunately one of those nex-gen 16:9 ones, although the colours are pretty good. I also kept my old trusty 16:10 Samsung T240 for 24 extra inches of pleasure. Are there any games out there that can actually use both monitors? So far the list is:

Supreme Commander (shows a radar on monitor #2)

Even Google seems light with information on the subject. I seem to remember from way back that there was a Diablo II mod that would show your inventory or something on the 2nd display. Does the prestigious Codex know of any other games that use dual (or more) displays? Preferably games that are good enough so you'd want to play them in the fist place.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
16:9 are not next gen, they are the "old gen"

16:10 are the next gen monitors as they actually can display 1080i/p

of course the p is the better one i believe.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
TheWesDude said:
16:9 are not next gen, they are the "old gen"

16:10 are the next gen monitors as they actually can display 1080i/p

of course the p is the better one i believe.

Um no, 16:10 monitors can display the glorious 1920x1200. 16:9 ones display the shitty 1920:1080. The fuck are you smoking?

And spectre, thanks, but that looks to be mostly about Eyefinity, totally not what I meant. I meant games that use 2 displays properly, not stretch 1 window to cover both. I will keep looking though.

Obviously I'd found the Wikipedia link, but that sucked apart from Supreme Commander, which is why I thought I'd ask the Codex for good games.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Thanks, but that's more Eyefinity. That's just a way of using multiple screens to make one big display area. It works with every game. I'm looking for something that displays different things on different monitors, like I mentioned in the OP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom