Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Duel of Champions

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In before April Fools.

catfood

AGAIN
The new expansion is here and it brought some new features

New menu flow and user interface

New Ranking and Matchmaking system

Rearranged the Deckbuilder. Added Filters, Search field, UI upgrade

Shop & Items:
- Divided the shop in 2 categories, Standard and Legacy (Standard = Base Set 2 and up, Legacy = Base Set 1, Herald of the Void, Void Rising, Forgotten Wars, Five Towers).
- Added the Super Pack (2 rare or rarer guaranteed + Wildcards) as a Standard shop item
- Boxes of the Standard shop now contain Super Packs
- Boosts are now time-based instead of working for a fixed amount of duels
- Removed: Heroic Packs, Premium Packs, Emilio's Pack, Small Packs

Ranked Duels Rewards:
- Now time-based instead of damaged-based

Daily Rewards:
- Gold and Tournament Tickets will be given as Daily Rewards for logging in. Wildcards will become the prize at the end of the seven consecutive day cycle

Campaigns:
- Rewards for completing the Campaigns reviewed

Altar of Wishes:
- Values of all cards reviewed

Achievements:
- Removed: 'You Call This Invasion?', 'For Honor and Duty!', 'Wolf Soldier', 'Born to Rise Above All', 'Ready to Rumble!'
- Some rewards for achievements changed

Level up:
- Rewards for leveling up reviewed

Swiss Tournaments:
- Rewards: 1st Place (Superpack from latest series) / 2nd Place (Pack from the latest series + Pack from Base Set 2) / 3rd Place (Tournament ticket + Pack from Base Set 2)
Icon overlays can be added to players' banners to highlight special achievements (e.g. championship wins, team affiliation, etc.)

Opening Packs now takes place on a distinct screen accessible from the Cards and Decks menu

All abilities a creature has now displays an icon on the card, and not only from abilities gained from other cards

Changed the single player Campaigns. Completing a Campaign unlocks the Puzzle for that particular campaign

Implemented two distinct game Formats for Ranked Duels:
Standard format: Only cards from Base Set 2, Heart of Nightmares and upcoming series of the seasons
Open format: All cards

Weekly custom formats for Swiss Tournaments added

Daily Quests feature added: Daily Quests are special achievements that can be done multiple times

Rearranged the Help menu to be more comprehensive

Updated the location where the players' replay file is. Now by default in:
C:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Might and magic duel of champions\Replay

Rebalanced several cards

See the official forums for all details: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/333-Might-amp-Magic-Duel-of-Champions

Still no draft mode because that would require Ubisoft to stop being dumb for a moment. Or rather they're only entitled to one moment of lucidity once every 5 years or so and that one has already been spent by greenlighting MMX. :troll:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wonder if the puzzles are any good. Puzzles are the best part of duels of the planeswalkers :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Holy shit this stuff is dumb.

There are now 30 single player challenges which is... fine I guess. But before completing the only 6 gave you about 70k gold and 1k seals. Now completing each fight gives a paltry 1k gold and 200 experience(and leveling up no longer gives seals). If you beat the fight with every faction, you get one pack. Only problem is.... EVERY FACTION? How the hell do they expect new players to have that? Fuck I don't even have a haven hero, and I've opened a lot of packs.

I really can't tell what the hell they were thinking, this will only make it take longer for new players to get good cards and doing the same fight 6 times isn't exactly fun either.

Oh and the graphics for spells and stuff now have more pretties.... yay?

Oh and for some reason I was assigned the new sanctuary starter deck... without being asked. Thanks ubi.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Uh, now you can only buy one pack with gold, and for 15k nonetheless.

catfood

AGAIN
They als deleted your old decks so now you have to rebuild them again. :lol:
Not for me?

Uh, now you can only buy one pack with gold, and for 15k nonetheless.
Yes, but they've stated expansion packs will now be sold for gold within 2-3 weeks after release, rather than waiting until the next expansion.
Yeah, you're right. Weird. Could've sworn they weren't there yesterday.

Mustawd

I have a Might & Magic Duel of Champions – Starter Pack DLC key to give away.

PM me if interested.

haraw

Educated
I have a Might & Magic Duel of Champions – Starter Pack DLC key to give away.

PM me if interested.

Just a fair warning to new players that the game's not worth it anymore. It's dead.

Mustawd

Oh.....nevermind then. Just trying to get rid of random crap I bought in a bundle. Thanks.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
:necro:

So I was just looking for card games and Might&Magic Duel of Champions seemed to be only one having combat with frontrow and backrow. Most other card games don't have that. And then I found out the game's dead for a couple of years... wtf?! Not even Singleplayer mode available anymore.

In the Steam Forums someone mentioned, there's a similar game in development called Duels of Xen'arun https://steamcommunity.com/app/256410/discussions/0/1735463620083934994/
Haven't checked this game yet though.

But the most interesting thing probably is, that someone said, that MMDoC has been "resurrected" recently. For further information and download look there: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=45577 I haven't checked it out yet either, but thought I mention it.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
As a follow-up:

I downloaded and tested it briefly. It prompts you to make an account, but you can just click "cancel" and then it continues in offline mode. You only need an account if you want to access the lobby and play against human players (registering doesn't need any activation or verification though, and you can also use a throwaway email address).
The tutorial, playing against AI and Hotseat work in offline mode though. Unfortunately the "Campaign" doesn't work yet (greyed out). It seems to be under construction though.

Tbh I don't understand why Ubisoft did not release the game themselves that way. Even if they wanted to shutdown the servers, they could have made a clean singleplayer package out of it (and probably with LAN/DirectIP support). They could have even extended that game with DLC campaigns. You would think a DLC-crazy company would do that anyways - but no. Maybe Ubisoft has decided to completely abandon everything "Might & Magic".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom