Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dumbfuckery - a Best Thread Ever story

Lumpy

Arcane
The Gothic forum people were always retards who can barely type and express opinions beside "The Nameless Hero is so cool and I like that he has so many friends in the game Gothic rules", but at least they were fans of good games. With the advent of Gothic 4, a new layer of dumbfuckery promises to cover those forums.
Enjoy:

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=153748
As Gothic games tend to start slow – the Nameless Hero can barely tie his shoes early on, let alone conjure spells – you’ll dig into the story when you start interacting with the numerous villages and cities in Arcadia. Depending on your actions, you may receive a hero’s welcome from the local population as they shower you with praise and adulation. Rub them the wrong way and they’ll run you out of town, charge higher prices for items, and do everything but throw rocks at you. Rocks hurt.

This Paragraph is so nice GO Spellbound GOOOOOOOO.

Rondel.

Novice
Rocks hurt. Thinking hurts.

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
And what's wrong with that paragraph? If it weren't for the ''other'' thread i'd be quite pleased by it. It would confirm, that they stick to the good ol' principals that were used in earlyer games.
Fanboy adoration is just a part of the business on the message boards dedicated to one particular franchise.

4/10

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Rub them the wrong way and they’ll run you out of town, charge higher prices for items, and do everything but throw rocks at you. Rocks hurt.
They'll kick me out of town and throw shit at me, but still let me go into town to buy items? :?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://forum.spellbound.de/phpBB2/viewt ... 6d35d6eca1

hello every one i am new here!and i loved the gothic series!

so my requests are:

1. the animals have a hungry bar,thirst bar,fear bar,mating bar,ect and all animals should fight over dominance and territory!!this is my biggest request!

2. first person(not like the shity g3 first person)and alsow make it possible to fight in first person!

3. in gothic 1 i was afrade to go in some places and facing monsters i wanna feal the same thing in gothic 4!

4. gothic 1 and 2 had this sort of feeling it had the gothic atmosphear and i wanna see that it gothic 4!i don't wanna see an other gothic!

5. a hole new fighting system with doging and that kind of stuff and with combinations and skills such as : how to break your opponents sword,ect!

6.climbing!!

7.i don't wan't to see people standing doing nothing like in g3 i wanna see them go to the bar,fight at the arena,ect i wanna see them live(same thing with animals)!!!!

8.i would like a big and detailed world with dense forests and beautiful prairies!

9.diving!

10.horses with mounted fighting!!!

i have faith in spellbound and i wish them good luck!!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller said:
1. the animals have a hungry bar,thirst bar,fear bar,mating bar,ect and all animals should fight over dominance and territory!!this is my biggest request!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Zoo Tycoon would be the perfect game for him :lol:

EDIT: And what the fuck, "mating bar" is the best term of the century :lol:

Micmu

Magister
4. gothic 1 and 2 had this sort of feeling it had the gothic atmosphear and i wanna see that it gothic 4!i don't wanna see an other gothic!
i agree!11

Too late for that though. (the other thread... :shock: )

Lumpy

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
http://forum.spellbound.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4722&start=0&sid=e09c80338e931a42a557f46d35d6eca1
They could acctually please both groups of players: the old style ones and the candy-eye style ones. What they have to do is just put a in-game switch in beetwen them but that will only double the amount of work on doing the details... :|
excuse me but that's kinda silly... :?
Yeah I figured it out on the half way as I was writing it, so I put this smiley: :| at the end... :|

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
http://forum.spellbound.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4722&start=0&sid=e09c80338e931a42a557f46d35d6eca1

so my requests are:

2. first person(not like the shity g3 first person)and alsow make it possible to fight in first person!

3. in gothic 1 i was afrade to go in some places and facing monsters i wanna feal the same thing in gothic 4!

5. a hole new fighting system with doging and that kind of stuff and with combinations and skills such as : how to break your opponents sword,ect!

6.climbing!!

7.i don't wan't to see people standing doing nothing like in g3 i wanna see them go to the bar,fight at the arena,ect i wanna see them live(same thing with animals)!!!!

8.i would like a big and detailed world with dense forests and beautiful prairies!

9.diving!

A fine example of a post which reflects what the author's truly passionate about and what he believes.

MetalCraze

Arcane
VonVentrue said:
Vault Dweller said:

so my requests are:

6.climbing!!

9.diving!

A fine example of a post which reflects what the author's truly passionate about and what he believes.

this one feels more like trolling

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
hey at least the devs succeeded in emulating Oblivion level of threads. One step to true Oblivion level of sales.

Hmm, the game isbeginning to sound like Fable. It had similar hyp (oh teh world will react, pplz will throw rock, children will run skreaming...ohhh)

Also, that threadby the poster is probably some wayward Codexian! out to make a name!

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
JoWood said:
Hi guys (and ladies, of course!), please don`t take the informations too serious.

Those magazines are presenting the infos like facts about the final game, which is quite strange at the present stage of developement.

Most of this may be "subject to change", and soem of the stuff is even tagged as speculative (the fisherman).
Truthfully speaking or standard developer bullshit to keep the criticism away?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Fat Dragon said:
JoWood said:
Hi guys (and ladies, of course!), please don`t take the informations too serious.

Those magazines are presenting the infos like facts about the final game, which is quite strange at the present stage of developement.

Most of this may be "subject to change", and soem of the stuff is even tagged as speculative (the fisherman).
Truthfully speaking or standard developer bullshit to keep the criticism away?
He is a PR guy. I'm not sure he can even comprehend the concept of speaking truthfully.

Vault Dweller said:

some list

I thought you were paraphrasing that with dumbfuck-flair at first. Also you left out "sorry for my english" not that that entirely excuses the retardedness of that post.

Lumpy

Arcane
JoWooD Repair Gothic!!!

Please JoWooD, say Spellbound to repair that what making of Gothic !!! Particularly thre
wander:
1.Let`s railway part game call "Gothic 4" maybe to subtitle "Arcania" !!!
2.Let`s play sie old Nameless, but no new nameless !!!
3.Let`s plot there will be new and on the old man style !!!
4.Let`s possibility constituent rosters to marketable or nursery tale !!!

AS WELL here requesting fanners , whom they want old and good Gothic.
It can build (create) still 4 Spellbound Gothic but let's it does not destroy he (it).

P.S. Pardon me ex aortografie , sources ex Polish.
http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=153815

So, what happens if we want vivid colors ... in EUROPE too ?
I mean, what if the American version looks 100x better ? I like vibrand colors myself, i do not like dead colors, if i want dead colors i can lower my TV saturation

In any case, they should just have a menu option for both color scales, that simple, not make me import the US version, if it is compatible with my 360 that is

All in all, that decision is pure DISASTER, i hope jowood never releases the game, and they close doors, so a real publisher that thinks about its gamers grabs it, and release a version with options for all colors in all areas

BTW what about the images we see, are they from the good or the bad version, from the amazing or the crap version, does European one look like the pics ? I am definatly not following that game anymore, and has gone from must buy to the worst joke in gaming history

I hope it does bad and we never see something like that happen again in gaming, EVER again
http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=153803[/url]

Warden

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:

so my requests are:

6.climbing!!

9.diving!

And what?
You want to show how some people are full of ideas and some others (like you) are only full of... SHIT?
Why are some people so damn irritant and deride everything - look at the mirror, worthless piece of shit.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Warden said:
Vault Dweller said:

so my requests are:

6.climbing!!

9.diving!

And what?
You want to show how some people are full of ideas and some others (like you) are only full of... SHIT?
Why are some people so damn irritant and deride everything - look at the mirror, worthless piece of shit.
VD maybe doesn't have a pile of low quality ideas, but he did get one awesome one.
To make AoD, what are you making dumbfuck? A reputation?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Warden said:
And what?
Still mad at me for dumbfucking you? You are cute when you are angry, Warden. Dumb, but cute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom