Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal; The Vita's best Dungeon Crawler

duanth123

Arcane
And here I'm sure some of you were thinking it was Demon Gaze.

Released in August of this year, DT2 comes replete with snappy dialogue, generous fan-service, and hands-down the best dungeon crawling on the Vita. Imagine the rich visuals of Demon Gaze paired with the more technical systems of Operation Abyss.

And the post-game is incredibly dense. I'm honestly surprised no-one's posted about it yet.

I managed to clear the main story and am slowly working my way through the post-game dungeons. Questions, I can answer.

*trigger warning* nearly every monster you fight is either some type of fruit (lulz) or a qt monster girl

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are the dungeons any good? I actually liked the demo for what it was worth, but the dungeons didn't seem too interesting to me.

Also, can't play this public. Ever. The gameplay was alright but hot damn the fan-service is real. Atlus sure does love going back to their roots, huh?

duanth123

Arcane
Are the dungeons any good? I actually liked the demo for what it was worth, but the dungeons didn't seem too interesting to me.

Also, can't play this public. Ever. The gameplay was alright but hot damn the fan-service is real. Atlus sure does love going back to their roots, huh?

The dungeons start off rather simplistic but over time ratchet up in difficulty with one-way doors, teleport pads, traps, and secret rooms. There are ways to unlock shortcuts, although they don't usually deposit you right next to the map boss (so more like EO.)

Each dungeon has a theme, like forest, hot spring, etc., with the postgame
taking place in an entirely new set of dungeons

My only gripe regarding dungeon is that since it was originally a psp title they ported to Vita, the game doesn't have much in the way of map-making or the ability to make notations (ala EO.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom