Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E

Raapys

Arcane
Not sure if we already had a thread about this game. Looks somewhat neat, very Deus Ex'ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltNEyFGYrw

After an unending war with the metastreumonic Force, the powerful organization Secreta Secretorum you belong to is finally ready to undermine the head-strong federation, despite an intense struggle for power.

A dark and mysterious universe (inspired by Blade Runner, Ghost In The Shell and Warhammer 40 000) for hours of original gameplay thanks to 10 physical and psychic skills, 14 cybernetic and upgradable implants, along with an integrated R&D system, all together serving a delicate scenario where conspiracy, horror and treason rule. Based on the RPG "AVA", developed by Streum On Studio in 1998.

Solo and multiplayer (LAN + ONLINE)

FEATURES
The multiplayer, teamplay, co-op modes directly influence solo play, and vice-versa. The limits of solo and multiplayer games are finally left behind.
Psychological and mental traumas management.
25 weapons, different shooting modes, dynamic precision, drilling shots, iron sighting, extended zoom.
Complete hacking system with game play impact. 5 devastatingly subtle PSI powers.
About 20 NPC with non-scripted, fully reactive and efficient AI, endowed with a sense of initiative. Bloody close combat with technical detail. Incredible physical movement realism thanks to Source Engine physics.
Excellent replayability due to primary and secondary missions, dynamic environments, non-linear level progression, and random NPC spawn, type and appearance. Death doesn't penalize players: no need to restart the current mission.
Open-level gameplay for hours of play without reloading.

Black Cat

Magister
Looks awesome.

I went in a smallish hunt for some other videos and the art style is pretty amazing. Also, cyberpunk warlocks and psionics? I'm in love.

baronjohn

Cipher
roladka said:
baronjohn said:
roladka said:
Neotokyo was awesome. Do people still play it?

The playerbase is too small for it to be enjoyable anymore. A shame.

Great game with shit marketing.
It would have probably gone better if they used the Q3/Q4 engine. At least then it would have been open source and free, like tremulous (which is still played).

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Yes, looking foward to this one. I have one big reservation, though. They seem to focus on multi, coop, seamless switch between them and solo. That can mean only one thing:
Non-existant or in the best case very shitty story for single-player playthrough (e.g., couple of detached missions glued together for the sake of "plot").
I am only interested in solo experience, so I will keep my pants dry for now.

Also, their marketing sucks countless of multiheaded dicks.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, will be interesting to see. Should be out in this month, but a delay was possible.

Some french review roughly translated to english stated that the level design was poor; huge levels, but lacking in detail. According to them, the developers had focused on the 'RPG' mechanics; character development, skills, items, NPCs and dialog. Don't think they were impressed though.

Yeesh

Magister
If the person you need assassinated stands out in the middle of the street with any regularity, can't you just pay a junkie $50 to shoot him or something like that? I mean, guns make killing really easy.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Raapys said:
Yeah, will be interesting to see. Should be out in this month, but a delay was possible.

Some french review roughly translated to english stated that the level design was poor; huge levels, but lacking in detail. According to them, the developers had focused on the 'RPG' mechanics; character development, skills, items, NPCs and dialog. Don't think they were impressed though.

Yeah, well, that is only one review. They might be overreacting. At least, if as they are claiming, the team focused on "NPCs and dialog" parts, it may suggest that the overal story is not completely omitted.

It's indie game after all, so I guess there will be flaws. I just hope that these "flaws" are what typical mainstream press would call as "flaws" (graphix, cinematics feel etc.) and not the real gamebreaking problems.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, that they were really thinking about such things as the outdated graphics and whatnot, even if they didn't say so explicitly.

http://nofrag.com/2011/jan/09/36640/

The E developers. Y.E. feel they will be able to leave their game on Steam in the first half of February. As they have not found a publisher, they can freely design a demo they hope to release one week before the release of EYE

Before jumping to the ceiling and make your fanboys, we know that have already tried the game two or three times and we have not really hooked: it is likely that there are some players their account and complete the game several times, but our part we have struggled to ignore the design of levels that we felt were too large and devoid of substance, identity. From our brief experience, E.Y.E. focuses more on the background, dialogue and side aspect RPG (there are tons and tons of feature, implants, etc..) on the level design. However, in an FPS solo, we tend to that a good level design is a condition sine qua non to a good game.

You can make your opinion very soon, but do not expect the level of finish and detail of Stalker or New Fallout Vegas, because you might be disappointed.

Destroid

Arcane
Looks good visually, will see how it turns out.

Neotokyo wasn't really that interesting, it was basically counterstrike with cloaking.

anus_pounder

Arcane
mikaelis said:
Yes, looking foward to this one. I have one big reservation, though. They seem to focus on multi, coop, seamless switch between them and solo. That can mean only one thing:
Non-existant or in the best case very shitty story for single-player playthrough (e.g., couple of detached missions glued together for the sake of "plot").

:thumbsup:

Destroid

Arcane
anus_pounder said:
mikaelis said:

:thumbsup:

Oh dang I missed that, so it's going to be like Borderlands then I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom