Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter E3 2015 - NO MORE UPDATES - ALL CONFERENCES ON PAGE 1

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

What is your most hotly anticipated title?

• Malise and the Machine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghosttake (Vosmug's new title)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A horse of course

For the record, next year will be my five-year anniversary of E3 threads...and my final. By the time E3 2017 rolls around I'll be 30. I shall hand over the reins to someone responsible.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
E3 Press Conference Roundup

Bethesda

Doom was shown. We know it was Doom because the title said Doom, there were demons on Mars, projectiles you could dodge, a chainsaw, and a ten minute sequence where the demo player backtracked to press up against every wall while grunting.

realpip.jpg

Later it was revealed that Fallout 4 will have a collector's edition (because of course it will) with a ridiculous life sized Pip-Boy that you strap on your ridiculous arm. There's no screen. Instead, it's built to house an iPhone running an app that displays the Pip-Boy user interface. This item is sure to get a lot of use, if you consider "looking at the plastic collector's edition garbage on your shelf and shaking your head in regret" as a use.

Microsoft

The Xbox One now has its own version of Early Access! Wow! Developers like DayZ's Dean Hall are very excited about the prospect of taking your money, then moving on to a second game before finishing the first.

In a surprise announcement, Microsoft revealed that the Xbox One would have complete backwards compatibility! Eventually. Sort of. Once the initial cheers died down, it was explained that some older games will be playable by inserting the disc to authorize a download of an emulated version of that game, since the system can't really run them natively. Also, this will only work with a limited selection of titles. Cool, but not quite as impressive as it initially seemed. Microsoft can still turn this around by allowing users to emulate the Xbox 360 interface instead of dealing with the navigational nightmare eye garbage that is the Xbox One dashboard.

We also saw the Elite Controller Ultra Something. This is sort of like a regular controller, only you can swap out all of the parts and rearrange them in all sorts of configurations. It costs $150. Doesn't seem worth it, unless you can swap in a proper Start and Select button as God intended.

EA

EA (you might remember them as the company that occasionally made games) would like to remind everyone that Battlefront, featuring Star Wars, is a game in which Star Wars happens. I'm personally looking forward to this game a lot. Not as much, I suspect, as EA and its shareholders are.

Ubisoft

In Rainbow Six: Siege, Angela Bassett IS a character named Six. In related news, the new Assassin's Creed features Charles Dance as Creed, The Division stars Emma Stone as Division, For Honor will have Lucy Liu portraying Honor, and James Spader has been signed to star as Lands in Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Sony

We saw footage from Batman: Arkham Knight, a game that couldn't be less appealing to me unless it had Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed somewhere in the title. In this thrilling sequence the player was a cop shooting up a diner full of civilians. Playstation 4 owners get this content exclusively. Some idiots cheered the notion of exclusive content for unknown reasons.

Sony later suggested that you might want to put on a Morpheus virtual reality helmet and sit on a couch with your friends, who would all be playing the same game without the helmet. Like it's no big deal. Just a thing people can do without feeling weird at all.

Nintendo

nintendoe3.jpg

Animal Crossing hasn't appeared on a home console in eight years. Wii U owners have been begging for an installment. Nintendo slyly showed a bunch of new Animal Crossing Amiibo characters... to be used in... a Wii U game... which was clearly set in an Animal Crossing world... and turned out to be a board game.

The fine folks at Nintendo put so much effort into letting everyone down with the Animal Crossing announcement that they apparently forgot to bring the upcoming Wii U Zelda.

Square Enix

A new role=playing video game was announced, Final Fantasy VII. From what I understand this will be a prequel to Final Fantasy XIV.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Just noticed this:

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-petition-for-cancelation-of-metroid-prime-federation-force

Metroid Prime: Federation Force was announced at the Nintendo digital event on June 16, 2015. For almost a decade, long time Nintendo fans have been waiting for a true Metroid game. Metroid is one of Nintendo's most beloved and respected franchises spanning almost 30 years of legacy. The foundations of isolation, atmosphere and exploration in unknown planets are what made Metroid great. With the release of the Wii U and its greater technological capabilities thousands of fans were expecting a new and improved Metroid game.

What we got however is a disgrace of a game with the name "Metroid" slapped on the title. It has no elements at all of what Metroid is about and its a disrespectful manner to old and new fans of the series of showing them that the Metroid franchise is not dead afterall. This is not the Metroid we asked Nintendo to make. We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once. Help us stop this atrocity of a game from bearing the beloved Metroid franchise name and make Nintendo halt production on it.

TRAILER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg
(Please notice the 90% dislike ratio. NO ONE wants this game.)

Kinda derpy to do a petition, but I am glad Nintendo is getting backlash. They WERE awesome games and I'd love to play another one.

What the fuck is up with Nintendo today? It's like they're deliberately making games that no one wants.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Mother of all Popamoles - Gears of War Ultimate Edition - coming to PC, again.
IIRC original retailed (not avaliable on Steam) have some borked DRM or some technical issue, that cockblock you from enjoying this masterpiss after 2009 or something like that. And old fixes doesn't work anymore.
That's how you introduce remasters to the people.

There're some screenshots from the conference but they all looks like Doom3 screenshots.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Just noticed this:

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-petition-for-cancelation-of-metroid-prime-federation-force

Metroid Prime: Federation Force was announced at the Nintendo digital event on June 16, 2015. For almost a decade, long time Nintendo fans have been waiting for a true Metroid game. Metroid is one of Nintendo's most beloved and respected franchises spanning almost 30 years of legacy. The foundations of isolation, atmosphere and exploration in unknown planets are what made Metroid great. With the release of the Wii U and its greater technological capabilities thousands of fans were expecting a new and improved Metroid game.

What we got however is a disgrace of a game with the name "Metroid" slapped on the title. It has no elements at all of what Metroid is about and its a disrespectful manner to old and new fans of the series of showing them that the Metroid franchise is not dead afterall. This is not the Metroid we asked Nintendo to make. We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once. Help us stop this atrocity of a game from bearing the beloved Metroid franchise name and make Nintendo halt production on it.

TRAILER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg
(Please notice the 90% dislike ratio. NO ONE wants this game.)

Kinda derpy to do a petition, but I am glad Nintendo is getting backlash. They WERE awesome games and I'd love to play another one.

What the fuck is up with Nintendo today? It's like they're deliberately making games that no one wants.
Just like nobody wants mobile games.

My favorite part: "We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once"

Yes Nintendo, listen to your fans, the same fans that were responsible for the Gamecube's success :roll:

Oh, 'real' Metroid games sell like shit.

pippin

Metroid was always a little too "hardcore" for Nintendo, I believe. They treated it almost like a niche title. And then Other M happened. People complain about the new Lara Croft but for me the new Samus Aran is the biggest betrayal you could make to a beloved franchise face. The heels, the baby, the daddy issues, the overall "bimbo-fied" air she has now, if that makes sense... decline.

Keshik

Arcane
Nintendo fans sure are weird, didn't even know what made Nintendo's so horrible, compared to everything else at E3.

A horse of course

Crapcom is streaming some shit right now:

I see some Sherlock Holmes Ace Attorney shit.

Guess no RE2 HD Remake

That would be expensive as hell. Plus, if you were going to remake all of Racoon City for RE2 (and most of the same enemies) why not RE3 right after? etc.

I can't see it happening unless Crapcom did a complete U-Turn and decided to bring Resident Evil back to the fixed-camera roots, using an RE2 remake as its herald.

I mean, I guess Square are willing to blow shitloads on an FF7 remake so who knows these days.

I don't even like Resident Evil :smug:

pippin

Make some popcorn for when SJWs discover the cross dressing puzzles in FF7.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

I'm more interested in the whole "death of Aeris" sequence.

Strong female protagonist killed off via impalement by large phallic symbol of the patriarchy, wielded by an oppressed and deluded transperson.

Love

Cipher
Has nobody captured Strafe's presentation or does it take this long for those captures to surface? :rpgcodex:

pippin

I'm more interested in the whole "death of Aeris" sequence.

Strong female protagonist killed off via impalement by large phallic symbol of the patriarchy, wielded by an oppressed and deluded transperson.

I'm ok with anything which brings the "Aerith is a prostitute" theories back :cool:
Also: implying they will play that much....

A horse of course

Still finishing off the thread with all trailers and titles. Lazy fuckers still haven't put all the videos up

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
An E3, games of INCLINE thread would be awesome.

Granted it would have like one or two games in it.

Love

Cipher
Holy shit, these E3 trailers are more boring than live footage from a marmots conference. Every big title has baited me to click on their trailers, but none kept me at it. It's all the same, Tomb Raider, Gears Of Wars, Uncharted just have different scenery and Halo another point of view. What the fuck is it, when yet another pixel indie game sticks more out than not out of this? This year the event seemed pretty big and eagerly anticipated and with all the announcements I would assume it's the number one convention in gaming again, but those huge stages with one guy harping on about the excitements of his game are funny in all the wrong ways. Don't they watch this shit? Goes all the PR money into stage accessory and carefully placed sheep in the audience?

But then again there is no need to change anything anymore, since gaming as we had to put up with until now is soon finished after the HoloLens. Soon we'll be finally on the grid next to our party. :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom