Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News EA bans player from playing Dragon Age II

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    im going to call them and fart into the phone.

i rather call it "Distinguished Gentlemen of Roleplaying."

^ Top  
  2. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    It's really amazing how people will voluntarily give up rights

(imageshack is being a cunt, but copypasting it into the url bar works)

[​IMG]

Fortunately, Commander Shepard is on our side!

[​IMG]

That Dragonloordz lady goes on and on that this protest must stop NAO because "it won't cause a dent in the sales" and "we don't know if it's true!". I seriously wonder about how fucked up must have been the education of these guys. Normal people would want as much noise as possible, to see if its true. These fags want the matter silenced immediately. You'd think they have Bioware stocks or som-

oh

So THAT'S what she's going for. :lol:

Its like I'm really a moderator

^ Top  
  3. halasterbc Novice

halasterbc
    lol. bioware's response : "his acccusation is true, and that's what happens when you mess with the boss"

^ Top  
  4. Zeus Cipher

Zeus
    Ars Technica updated their post:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... age-ii.ars

Well, yes and no. I did a bit of poking around the last time Steam's DRM came up:

So yeah, I don't use Steam's forums because Valve moderators are watching, and I wouldn't want them to see me post a copy-written picture of Master of Magic and take drastic measures against my Steam account.

^ Top  
  5. Overweight Manatee Scholar

Overweight Manatee
    I'm pretty sure that applies to stuff you are uploading through your steam account. IIRC, you can save some personal game-related stuff in the steam cloud. I doubt Valve even knows who on the forums is linked with what account other than hacking someone look at IP and name coincidence. If they were to ban based on those they would be on even shakier ground than Bioware is.

Of course, EVERY EULA will specify ridiculous bullshit that would never stand up in court. I'm pretty sure every game in the past decade has had a 'we can terminate your "license" for any or no reason whenever we feel like it and not compensate you in any way' claim.

^ Top  
  6. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    No.
    Or to put it less Volly-like: I don't buy single-player games with online registration. And I've bought quite a few games in the last decade. They have no way of terminating anything. They might mention filing charges against you if you reverse-engineer without their consent or load up on a torrent, but what you buy is yours.

Glitch, I'd like to see more of those "glitches". Perhaps a "glitch" that transferes EA's money to my bank account? I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Only a glitch after all.

Zeus, one of the arguments always brought forth against Big Brother (in all its forms, corporate and government spying, etc) is that even if it's "benevolent" (like security cameras watching "everything") people change their behavior when they are aware they are being watched. It's interesting seeing you cower in fear of Valve.

^ Top  
  7. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    I just wish our report post button had such awesome powers.

Oh well, a man can dream.

A man can dream.

^ Top  
  8. Zeus Cipher

Zeus
    If "Not giving them an excuse to shut down my account" is cowering in fear, then yes.

^ Top  
  9. Jigawatt Arcane

Jigawatt
    Kind of like what happened to the phrase "role playing game" amirite?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Serious_Business Best Poster on the Codex

Serious_Business
    End of line.

I have authority!

fake edit : just realised this was already on the way of becoming a meme. Excellent

^ Top  
  11. Reptilian Shapeshifter Educated

Reptilian Shapeshifter
  12. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Post that at Bioware.

^ Top  
  13. turul Scholar

turul
    Hmmm..interesting post by the thread starter:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... /6486635/1
    :patriot:

^ Top  
  14. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Completely and totally irrational. If you dislike DA2 you're a troll, you pirated the game, and you certainly can't express that on the Bioware forums.

^ Top  
  15. Bigot_ Novice

Bigot_
    The replies to that thread are surprisingly incline though
    Disregarding twistedcomplex that is

^ Top  
  16. waywardOne Arcane

waywardOne
    EA/Bioware could've done me a favor 4+ years ago just by banning me from playing their games.

^ Top  
  17. Aermas Novice

Aermas
    I just got banned from Bioware's forum because I was asking if Stanley Woo had changed is avatar because to a thing a tried to start called Re-Volus-ion. Bioware is getting way out of hand.

^ Top  
  18. HardCode Erudite

HardCode
    Maybe you were banned because no one knows what the fuck you are talking about.

^ Top  
  19. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Indeed. And welcome Aermas, enjoy your stay here.

^ Top  
  20. Aermas Novice

Aermas
    I was mad at all the crap Bioware was pulling & I didn't want to get banned for speaking out against Bioware. A volus is some alien in Mass Effect & one of the moderators in the Bioware forums uses it as an avatar, i was trying to convince others to change their avatars into a volus to silently tell Bioware they were retarded. When his avatar suddenly changed to something else I asked about it & I got banned.

^ Top  
  21. Carlos' Bitch1 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Carlos' Bitch1

Don't worry, deep down inside I am sure many at Bioware already know this.

^ Top  
  22. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Yeah I was going to say that probably refers to just the Steam client/community where you upload avatars, can put some junk in your profile and PM people through their chat system. And, as noted, they'd have to track the IP of your forum account which, while possible, is a bit of a stretch -- as is the ability to ban you for any actions on unrelated forums. Would it hold up in court? Maybe. Would it be a PR nightmare? Absolutely. Also, keep in mind Valve has a vested interested in not banning you as an active user is more likely than not a repeat customer. I don't doubt there are risks involved in using Steam, it's just that I pay so little for the games I don't really worry about them.

^ Top  
  23. Reptilian Shapeshifter Educated

Reptilian Shapeshifter
    I'd describe them as more evil than retarded, but in the end, I suppose it makes little difference.

^ Top  
  24. SacredPath Novice

SacredPath
    Actually love this as it exposes both EA's business philosophy as well as people who can't reign in their tongues over the internet... yes I'm looking at you.

^ Top  
  25. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    This sentence is the greatest thing to ever happen.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.