Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELF BOOBIES (PS help me with WoW)

Data4

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/imageviewer.html?/burningcrusade/,images/screenshots/,26,27,/burningcrusade/screenshots.html?1@2

My computer hangs every time I try to install this frickin game. When I first got it, I had to install it on another computer then copy/paste through a network (which is what I'm trying now). Ugh. I have no idea what the problem is.

Without any specifics about your system, the only advice I could give you is the patented Generic Help Desk Support Line Bullshit.

Check for viruses and spyware first and foremost. Then, check your control panel and uninstall any junk that may be on your computer that you NEVER use, and do as deep and detailed a defragmentation on the hard drive that you can. The stock defragger that comes with XP sucks. I like Perfect Disk (Google it), and they have a fully functioning demo you can use for free a few times.

If it doesn't work then, you may need to do a reinstallation of Windows. That kinda falls under the worst case scenerio, though.

-D4

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
does WOW work on that comp now that you have copied it?

also, where are you living, and what is your connection speed?because i would recomend two servers
deathwing(used to have horde outnumbering alliance 5-1 now however it is 5-6(6th often lowbie pet class)
and dark iron(the webcomic celebrities all hang out here)

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
As a night elf, I would like to mention that our boobies are better than those lame-ass Paris Hilton wanna-be blood elf chicks.

Does your computer hang in the initial install off CDs, or is the Blizzard Installer involved in your crashing problem?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It's good to pay for a month and play it until about level 40. It's been about a year since I first played it, I'm curious about the changes.

Anyways, I just copy/pasted from another computer and it works.

It hangs on the third disk. It's weird, my computer never just freezes like that.
Well, my computer has a tendency to overheat (this game is like 3 gig or something and takes FOREVER to install), and my CD Rom is really old, and I do know that I have to switch off the power for about 5 mins (to let it cool down, I can't turn it on cause my mobo has overheat protection). Anyways, I do know I have a virus or two, but I've got them licked, though I can't delete them.
I think it might be otherwise a memory overload problem (I've got a gig, though), but who knows.

Anyways, the help I was wanting was actually advice on what class and race to pick. I was leaning towards a human or night elf rogue, and an undead rogue alt. I seriously hate most of the Horde areas though, they're incredibly dull and boring. Anyways, I'll fiddle around.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
It's good to pay for a month and play it until about level 40. It's been about a year since I first played it, I'm curious about the changes.

Anyways, I just copy/pasted from another computer and it works.

It hangs on the third disk. It's weird, my computer never just freezes like that.
Well, my computer has a tendency to overheat (this game is like 3 gig or something and takes FOREVER to install), and my CD Rom is really old, and I do know that I have to switch off the power for about 5 mins (to let it cool down, I can't turn it on cause my mobo has overheat protection). Anyways, I do know I have a virus or two, but I've got them licked, though I can't delete them.
I think it might be otherwise a memory overload problem (I've got a gig, though), but who knows.

Anyways, the help I was wanting was actually advice on what class and race to pick. I was leaning towards a human or night elf rogue, and an undead rogue alt. I seriously hate most of the Horde areas though, they're incredibly dull and boring. Anyways, I'll fiddle around.

reccomended classes:

druid
hunter
mage
warlock
(not in this order)
rouges i wouldnt reccomend they are WAY to expensive

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Rogues are fun, though. I've been playing a human rogue for a bit. I found out that my level 45 paladin is still around, but with the new talent changes I'm finding that my pally is obsolete (both in equipment and skills). Since the last patch pally skills are refunded, I'm trying to figure out how to spec him for PvE.

I might try another class after that. I PvE, any suggestions as to which it is fastest with? I've heard shadow priests are pretty nifty.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
I play a rogue (yeah, I play a NE rogue, see the username), and it IS a lot of fun, but is frustrating in the endgame because we haven't had our class balance yet.

Hunters and druids are currently some of the most fun classes, though hunters are a dime a dozen, so if you don't have a great guild, you could have a hard time getting groups. Of course, if you like abuse and really want to make sure you get groups, play a priest.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
Rogues are fun, though. I've been playing a human rogue for a bit. I found out that my level 45 paladin is still around, but with the new talent changes I'm finding that my pally is obsolete (both in equipment and skills). Since the last patch pally skills are refunded, I'm trying to figure out how to spec him for PvE.

I might try another class after that. I PvE, any suggestions as to which it is fastest with? I've heard shadow priests are pretty nifty.

has 9.0 been relesed yet?

Drakron

Arcane
Recomended class - shaman.
Rocomended class if you enjoy being someone else bitch 24/7 - cleric.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I don't mind so much the endgame. I don't like doing raids (or instances), and I don't join clans. I've played a couple classes. I really enjoy playing rogues (abilities like Sap give some really interesting choices). Druids do seem really fun. Warrior + Rogue + Spellcaster at will.
Paladins are just too slow. I've been playing a level 45 pally I've got. Jeez, he just doesn't do enough damage, even with a lot of judgements and such going on.
I hate playing hunter. I just do. I don't much like Warlock, either, or any of the casters.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
(yeah, I play a NE rogue, see the username)

Original :P

Ok ok i'm a dwarf rogue, we've got jipped in every patch, but god i totally feel for those poor pally's, what a shitty update for them (they got the best looking epic sets though).

But i don't raid either, i mainly just rp on the argent dawn server....not much goes on there but raiding anyway.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Actually, I like to think my NE rogue is quite original. She is fully clothed, I am neither 14 nor male, and I almost never solo. :) I also play a female gnome warrior to keep the universe in balance.

Yes, patch 1.9 is out. Supposedly, there will be stuff to do once the uberguilds open the gates of Ahn'Quiraj, but I'm not holding my breath.

Astromarine

Erudite
don't pity the paladins, my dwarf pallie is rocking a lot more now than before. It's the Internet, dude. DOn't trust a game's Official forums. Duh :D

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
I don't mind so much the endgame. I don't like doing raids (or instances), and I don't join clans. I've played a couple classes. I really enjoy playing rogues (abilities like Sap give some really interesting choices). Druids do seem really fun. Warrior + Rogue + Spellcaster at will.
Paladins are just too slow. I've been playing a level 45 pally I've got. Jeez, he just doesn't do enough damage, even with a lot of judgements and such going on.
I hate playing hunter. I just do. I don't much like Warlock, either, or any of the casters.

huh
you dont like raids and the only classes you like are rouges and druids?

FREEEEAKY

uhhi dunno what to say...

what is your highest char?

the lower lvl instances suck it isnt any good until your in the early 50s

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Astromarine said:
don't pity the paladins, my dwarf pallie is rocking a lot more now than before. It's the Internet, dude. DOn't trust a game's Official forums. Duh :D

I don't, i would of liked that they sorted out the whole proc based crap though.

the lower lvl instances suck it isnt any good until your in the early 50s

no way, deadmines, shadowfang keep and the monastery are miles better than most of the later level crap, the best instance at higher levels is stratholme, but that's prolly 'cos i have a soft spot for it in the lore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom