Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elmi minaj ? [Elminage]

Mortmal

Arcane
I found them by accident on youtube, i am not even sure of the name . Sounds like wizardy clones on various consoles , but i never heard anything about them nor finding any info , anyone played them? if yes is there fan translations anywhere ?

366244.jpg

TigerKnee

Arcane
They released the first Elminage game on the PSP in English but the translation was done by monkeys.

Ignoring that though, I think it's pretty cool as far as Japanese Wiz clones go. Like, it's one of the few Wiz clones which does an open-world structure instead of just 1 mega-dungeon and there's a bunch of additional non-traditional classes like Shamans (localized Mikos, female only Undead slaying focused class) and Summoners (very Wiz-4 esque) that don't show up in normal Wizardries.

stabby

Learned
They released the first Elminage game on the PSP in English but the translation was done by monkeys.

Ignoring that though, I think it's pretty cool as far as Japanese Wiz clones go. Like, it's one of the few Wiz clones which does an open-world structure instead of just 1 mega-dungeon and there's a bunch of additional non-traditional classes like Shamans (localized Mikos, female only Undead slaying focused class) and Summoners (very Wiz-4 esque) that don't show up in normal Wizardries.

Interesting, it seems there was a patch released sometime in March that is listed as having "Localization fixes throughout entire game", now am definitely curious to give this one a shot.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Interesting, it seems there was a patch released sometime in March that is listed as having "Localization fixes throughout entire game", now am definitely curious to give this one a shot.

Translation is still fucked up with the patch, the localization team is obviously putting in really low effort on translating this.

Mortmal

Arcane

Translation is still fucked up with the patch, the localization team is obviously putting in really low effort on translating this.
To be honest, i had not much hope and expecting that. But you never know...

stabby

Learned
Well bollocks.

Actually, change that to a 'meh', as chances are it's not going to be the worst localized game I've ever played. Plus, I do need to cleanse the dungeon crawling palatte a bit after that run in with Unchained Blades...

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I was kind of curious about this game so I looked it up. There's not much in-depth information out there about it yet, but the reviews are mostly negative, not that that means anything. Apparently it's got almost exactly the same character class and race system as Wizardries 6-8 but the mechanics and dungeon structure of Wizardries 1-5, which would make it similar to the Wizardry Gaiden and Dimguil and Empire games from the 90s and 2000s.

Check out these races and classes. It looks like they've added a few classes to the formula like servant, shaman and summoner. I wonder what all of this stuff does.

Too bad I don't have a PSP. I'd like to try it out.

This is the highest review I could find. Could we get someone who's not a doofus to review it?

TigerKnee

Arcane
A lot of reviews dock huge points for the atrocious localization, which is kind of unfortunate both ways.

Check out these races and classes. It looks like they've added a few classes to the formula like servant, shaman and summoner. I wonder what all of this stuff does.

Shaman: Anti-undead/Anti-magic support character.

Servant: Support character who provides extra inventory space, can toss money (like an FF Samurai) and can use special "tea herb" items to restore spell charges mid-dungeon (which is pretty rare in a Wizardry game)

Summoner: Pokemon trainer who can bind monsters and summon them in the 7th (IIRC) party slot. The monsters will auto-attack and use their special abilities ala Wiz 4. Summoners use their "spell slots" as slots to hold different kind of monsters rather than spells allowing you to choose the right tool for the right task and while you can multi-class those spell slots, being in Summoner class as base gives HUGE bonuses to the summoned creature based off Sum's level.

All 3 classes really benefit from multi-classing to get them spells to supplement their primary task.

Avellion

Erudite
Looking at the class list for Elminage Gothic,

-Fighter-
Basic melee class, can equip pretty much all the heavy armor. high hp gain
they unlock at lvl26 the passive 'physical attack+1', as you level up the % increase a little.

-Mage-
Basic wizard class, learn spell like sleep:,fire,ice,lightning, raise enemy AC,stone,float,teleport,miracle...
at level 26 they unlock the passive 'mage spell +1' increase your spell dmg and the % increase as you level up.

-Cleric-
Basic healer class, can heal,lower your AC, cure bad status.
they have the skill Dispel, it removes undead and ghost monster. It's single target but becomes all enemies at lvl 26. and they get Cleric spell +1.

-Thief-
The class with the highest rate to disarm chest (because of thief +1 skill). can hide during battle to deal more dmg. At level 26 they can disarm and steal enemies gears.(only problem though is the psp version doesn't have much to steal...)

-Alchemist-
Learn spell that increase your speed in battle, your attack rate, magic resistance, confuse, charm. Spell to identy or disarm traps in chests. They can craft some items(requires lvl 10 I think) and modify some stats on your gear with materials.
At lvl 26 they can disasemble(remove materials from items, so you can use them again), alchemist +1 passive and another passive 'high purity synthesis' that increase as you level up, so you get more AP from materials.

-Herbalist/Servant-
Was called servant in other Elminage, but herbalist are basically the same, they have a bags and you can brings quite a few potion,antidote and other items in it. At the end of each turn, they'll use items to recover the party hp/ailement. What's new though is you can find herb in dungeon and mix them to make potion. They have other items like black tea or those wooden/silver bank they can use but I haven't played them much. I think they have the 'special resistance up %' too, which increase their ailement resist

-Bishop-
Learn both mage and cleric spell. can identify items.

-Hunter-
Fight with bow, they can hit enemies again at the end of turn if they're inflicted with bad status and I think they have a skill they can use to act first in battle.

-Brawler-
Fight with fist/claw...they can multi hit a single target. they also get the ability 'Lower AC' which is VERY good late game in my opinion.(as you level up, your AC gets lower and lower...)

-Bard-
Kinda the jack of all trade in the game, can stealth, disarm trap, have mage spell and can use Tarot for various effect. Also can use instrument for various spell. At lvl 26 or a bit higher they can equip instrument in all their equipment slot...

-Shaman-
This class is very effective against undead,ghost and demon. they can cast a wall that protect against magic attack. at lvl 26 or a bit higher they can equip charms in all their equipment slot.

-Summoner-
They make contract with monster and you can summon them after. at lvl 26 or a bit higher they get the skill 'blood oath %', which increase your pet stat.

-Valkyrie-
Fight with spear and learn priest spell. have the skill dispel and they can damage ghost.
at lvl 26 or a bit higher they can equip a shield with their spear.

-Lord-
Wear heavy armor, learn cleric spell, get special resistance up%
and at lvl 26 or a bit higher get Court sanctuary % which increase everyone resistance to ailement.

-Samurai-
Fight with katana and learn mage spell. at level 26 or a bit higher they get ''swallow return %'' which is a parry/counter.

-Ninja-
They can hide, disarm trap in chest have Lower AC ability, have the 'improve beheading rate%' and at level 26 or a bit higher they can prevent ambush attack.

A huge :incline: from most AAA crap we see today that have the totally inspired class selection of fighter thief or mage. Reminds me of just how much I missed these dungeon crawlers.

Edit: quoted from NeoGAF, sorry guys :( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896633

Just saw this on steam , translated and on pc , thats a big surprise.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/291960/
The day of my birthday, cant be a coincidence.

Happy birthday! Not much longer till the game is available.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Those seems like the same classes as the PSP Elminage game, which is a bit of "duh" because they're the same series.

I had a lot of fun with that one, so I think this will probably be fun too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom