Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Elminage Original PSP

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Great Deceiver, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    How is this? I've played my share of Wapanese Wiz-likes (Dark Spire being my favourite), the last one I played on the PSP was Unchained Blades which I thought was so-so. Worth it?

^ Top  
  2. Coriolanus Learned

Coriolanus
    It just sits on my hard drive, untouched. I've heard it's a pretty good blobber, but there dozens of supposedly even better ones that I still haven't played.

^ Top  
  3. Machine Arbiter

Machine
    Elminage is pretty straightforward Wiz-clone, if you like Dark Spire you should give it a shot. Art is decent imo, you move around via world map after first dungeon, so its pretty open in terms of progression, you can go where you want more less (ofc you will get stomped with newbie party if you go to certain places).

One big glaring problem is translation, some of it is google-translate worthy :lol:. For example button in inn to add chars to party is "Friend is Call" and there's some more engrish fuckups, but overall its not that bad.

^ Top  
  4. TigerKnee Arcane

TigerKnee
    I liked it outside of the shitty translation. One of the rare "open progression" Wiz clones rather than the standard "Here's one super dungeon, clear it"

^ Top  
  5. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    There's a patch that fixes the broken translation, though I find this kind of engrish strangely endearing.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.