Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Enemy Nations

Abernathy

Scholar
If you don't know it, Google is your friend. It's a free download these days, and a bloody good RTS, if you're at all into that genre.

But either it's got some serious AI problems, or I'm missing something. No matter what I do, I end up terminally short of gasoline sooner or later, and no matter how many oil wells and refineries I have, the trucks just don't seem to see them as attractive somehow, so they don't go visit and I don't get my gas.

I have Googled the fuck out of this, but have come up with zilch apart from the Manual courtesy of Underdogs, which helped a bit in other areas, but as far as real gameplay and tactics, there doesn't seem to be a fanbase to draw on at all - which is weird.

There's a technical forum on the official site for help on installing and shit like that, but the only 'fansite' I've come across has just been full of hype and little else, so I'm kinda stuffed.

It's a bloody shame, 'cos the game has had me totally hooked for the last couple of days, but this issue with the gas kills it for me sooner or later every time - I'd just liike to know if I'm doing something stupid or if the game is broken, if there's a tweak or a patch, that kinda stuff...

But anyway, yeah, worth a look if you haven't seen it before. Fucking noisy though.

Slith

Scholar
I actually own this game. Never got it to work, even on the operating system it was designed for. [Well, that's a lie, it worked for a short while, but was so uttterly buggy you still couldn't play.]

However, in light of you mentioning it's now free, I will seek out and hopefully download a Windows XP compatable version. If I get it working, I'll see if I can't help you with your problem.

Abernathy

Scholar
Slith said:
IIf I get it working, I'll see if I can't help you with your problem.

Danke, much appreciated. I had to burn the extracted files to CD to get the download working, btw.

Last game I didn't biuld roads until I had a decent stock of gas and that seemed to help - but I suddenly and inexplicably kept running out of steel :roll:

Bloody thing...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom