Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Epilogue v2.0 Released, Commercial Edition Available

getter77

Augur
Tags: Epilogue; Indie; Roguelike

A rather robust dungeon crawling, turn-based, graphical Windows Roguelike with a bit of plot and multiple endings at long last gains a rather substantial update alongside a spiffy Commercial Edition...

Too much pertinent info to sum up handily really aside from it being $7 via BMT Micro dev direct, no DRM, free edition available as well, and the official site being here:

http://kraflab.com/blog/?page_id=16.

Read the full article for all the details and dev clarifications: Epilogue v2.0 released alongside a Commercial Edition

getter77

Augur
The dev also says elsewhere:

I tried to make it so the average player can enjoy the game without even noticing that they are not playing the full version, while someone who plays a lot and wants a better challenge (or who just wants to support me
cool.gif
) would find the extra levels and game modes enticing.

In terms of future updates, any kind of updates to gameplay in general will occur to both versions simultaneously (balance, fixes, new mechanics, etc). For instance, 2.0 adds fountains to the game, which show up in both versions. In terms of game "expansion" I think that anything I add will be only in the commercial version. I'm not sure in what form that will come though, as to be honest I think any extra levels will be incredibly difficult due to the power curve. I would like to add secret or alternate levels and paths, as well as possibly more classes, so something is possible.

getter77

Augur
The 8X8 is a bit of an acquired taste, but it behaves decently with the ingame resolution/fullscreen options----perhaps, say, to a better degree than Hack, Slash, Loot. It literally just went up the other day, so odds are incredibly high you didn't already buy this.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
The 8X8 is a bit of an acquired taste
32x32 in fake blocky style with just plain terrible coloring and overused thin outlines (which should not be overused when one tries to imitate a lower res because they make everything look like shit), however, is not.

kraflab

Novice
The 8X8 is a bit of an acquired taste
32x32 in fake blocky style with just plain terrible coloring and overused thin outlines (which should not be overused when one tries to imitate a lower res because they make everything look like shit), however, is not.

Actually, the one thing people continuously mention to me is how nice the graphics look. You are of course entitled to your own opinion ;)

getter77

Augur
Also now has a Linux version available.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom