Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epiphany of a Babylon 5 Game in the gerne of KoDP

Name

Cipher
OH GUYS I just have an epiphany of an ultimate space opera game - Commander of Babylon Five!
Imagine the political/actual in-fighting between various council races and league of non-aligned worlds!
Imagine those crappy filler episodes in the glorious and succinct form of adventure gamebook, with actual c&c that will shape the relationship between races and their fates!
Add those unlikable characters into the human resource pool to fill your commander's rosters! Hear their advice on various aspects of management of THE space station - security, communication, medical, telepathic!
Scrap the cows management and replace it with hydroponics and imports! Coerce funds from Earth Alliance and other races! Build up your space station and fleet for the ultimate confrontation between order and chaos!
Relive the epic over-arching storyline in the form it should have been! No protagnoist swapping! No content condensing! No filler final season!
If only I know how to properly program! I'll use CryENGINE(R) for this one!
Excited, eh?

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
There are millions of this kind of idea going around in the net and only 1-2 get made at most. And they are chosen from the most boring classic fantasy universes.
Still you should play dune 1, that's the only adventure-strategy game hybrid i remember.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
'strategy'-adventures:
Dune 1
It came from the desert 1 & 2
Transartica
Star Control 2 (more of a action game though)

other ones i forget

Nothing has the complexity of KotDP though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom