Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Escape Velocity Nova PC coming this week

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Ambrosia Software; Escape Velocity Nova

Per <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/escapevelocitynova/news_6071291.html">this GameSpot news item</a>, <a href="www.ambrosiasw.com">Ambrosia Software</a> is releasing the PC version of their sci-fi space trading/combat/exploration/etc. game <a href="http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/">Escape Velocity Nova</a> this week.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The third game in the Escape Velocity series, Escape Velocity Nova features space trading, ship customization, and overhead 2D combat. Reminiscent of classic PC games like Starflight and Star Control, the game features a large galaxy to explore, a nonlinear mission structure, and diplomatic choices to make as players take sides with the galaxy's human and alien factions. Escape Velocity Nova was first released for the Mac, and user-developed plug-ins will work for both versions.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Huge galaxy, non-linear gameplay and user-developed plugins? Count me in! This game might just do everything <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/">Freelancer</a> promised to do, and for twenty bucks less, too.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href="www.gamespot.com/pc">GameSpot PC</a>.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
news@rpgcodex.com should direct stuff to you now as well, Spazmo.

As for Escape Velocity Nova, that release put it pretty close to the release of SE:StarFury, so scary having two of those types of games to play at the same time, so close together.

Greenskin13

Erudite
My Mac-using [but otherwise like minded] friend used to berate me for hours because I couldn't get this game. It's about time.

I really hope the windows fanbase will be big. I'd love to get some fantastics plugins.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
For those who want more information, check this thread on their forum. It's filled with screenshots and movies of the gameplay. From everything I've read about this game, it's pretty damned slick.

Spazmo

Erudite
Yep. My Mac-gamer friend can't gush about this one enough. I can't wait to get my hands on a demo.

Zetor

Arcane
Whaaaa... did I hear Star Control?!
I think my heart just skipped a few beats... :shock:

2003 might be a worthwhile year for games yet... that or I'm being naive. Again. :P

-- Z.

Binary

Liturgist
I used to have a Mac Emulator on my PC just to play 3 games, and EV was one of them.

There was a similar game on the PC... Solar Winds iirc. Either by ID or Epic.

Jed

Cipher
Oh man, this game looks sweet. Anyone played the previous two games? If so, please comment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom