Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eurofags up for some Borderlands (or sth else) online play?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
For me definitely the enemies and environments were too static. I remember quitting now, because I transitioned to a new area and it looked just like from where I came.

Monocause

Arcane
Hoaxmetal said:
Cool, will install it tonight. Guess we all will be starting from level 1, right?

Add norfrit to your skype.

We started already, but you can still join us. You just have to do some stuff:

1. We've got characters covered - you're left with Brick (Berserker). Create a character in single player.

2. Finish all the plot quests in the SP until you get the "-=Sledge: To the Safe House=-" quest. See here for reference:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/942811-borde ... section304

Once you've done that you can join. You need to have a character that's at the same point of the plot that we are. We're around lvl 17 but that's not a problem and you can join at a lower level.

You could also join us as a lvl1 char and we'd murder everything for you so that you get these quests done ASAP. You'd be up to speed in some 30 mins but you'll miss out on lewt. Your preference!

EDIT: in case of the second option you probably would have to host the game and we'd join your lvl1 game with our lvl17 chars.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'd prefer the secod option, I'm gmt+2 and have all day free so contact me on skype.

Monocause

Arcane
I'm GMT +1 and I'll have a couple of hours around your midnight. If you're interested be on Skype at the time or try to contact Gragt or MD.

Yeesh said:
I'd be very interested in hearing some codexian coop impressions from your sessions.

At the very least you will get to monitor who backs out first. :) I've never actually managed to finish this game and highest level I reached is 30. I have no idea around which level people usually finish this game and maybe I shouldn't. As for DLCs we should probably only target Armory of General Knoxx as it's meant for high level characters and I'm hearing it's the only worthy one.
Perhaps someone who is better with english and less lazy than me will share some detailed impressions too.

Hoaxmetal said:
Looks like I won't be able to play tonight, at least until ~2 am :[

Shame, I really wanted to see how much loot is flying about in 4 player game. You know, things that matter. Perhaps later then.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Had fun tonight, did a lot of quests, shot a lot of dudes and died...a lot.

Just chillin' near our pimped out rides.
kxbtrnnecsjtecuane8g.jpg

I WANT TO BE A DRAGON :M
1im7ovo1cn65t1q9ohd1.jpg

Ok, maybe not. That fight was intense. Intense as my erection.
8nmp5q8yk841rp7r5i.jpg

KKKODEX prevails
0lshzeeld3s1eoqbcm6.jpg

Not bad for a new age turd, coop is a blast :smug:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Sure is fun. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I like it enough in solo and coop just take it to another level.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Already did that. Disabling the mouse smoothing saved a bit of many sanity, and enabling Vsync makes things look a bit nice when I move around. I also reduced the text size of the weapon stats.

I'm hearing the FOV gets reset whenever you sprint in online game.. Does this not happen with that tool?

Multi-headed Cow

You can bind it to a key you'll use a lot, like whatever you have bound to move forward.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Do we play tonight again or is someone else also requested to spend time with his girlfriend?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Well I tried some of the DLC since we ain't playing today.

The Zombie Island of Dr Ned is a nice change of pace with a zombie-themed area. There is a lack of enemy variety but it's short enough to be completed before it gets boring. All-in-all it's a fun distraction.

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot is completely different since you get into an arena and must fight 5 waves of enemies per round with a boss at the last wave. The enemies, including bosses, are randomly taken from the main game and mixed together, which already give some sense of unknown challenge, but as the rounds progress they get random rules added to them, like enemies dealing more damage, or having stronger shields, or being vulnerable only to a certain type of weapon, or getting funky gravity, etc. You do not gain experience from it but it's a rather fun change of pace, and would be even better with people. Also you get access to a bank to store items and can get a free skill point by completing all 3 challenges.

Well Monocause is at the wedding (not his) getting shitfaced from vodka.. I expect some friends to come over soon and, well, get drunk too. We did kinda agree to play tomorrow. Hope it happens, I started to miss our coop already.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I should be there tomorrow. In case any of you has a change of plan tonight and wants to play with me, I'll be around too.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Today we did quite a lot, stopped playing only at 7am.

At first we did the Ned zombie dlc. I liked the scenery but zombies got old fast.

otw54udbyx57qfqsogj.jpg

coyjek2j165vcidsudhl.jpg

x4qsmzt1kzpc9bodfr4.jpg

Doom...ish
42w1o82123l4yecf8834.jpg

After that we continued with a bit of tasteful rape. For some reason Gragt wasn't willing.

w3y1thbsoh8dl4tgi5ud.jpg

a0drqmbrrh86gluan8fy.jpg

lczje1ug518vw1s10f.jpg

ljy6u4wzhtn0o05z2ac.jpg

Then we did some of Moxxie's dlc. It's fun arena against mobs with different rulesets every round. We didn't finish and I hope that there's a sex card of Moxxie for finishing the dlc :P

3dd9lcf04dgfmoz9yu7k.jpg

8dmcjjbq3qlo4jl7fdu7.jpg

3o3xg1q8lac4afpc1ih.jpg

Enough dlcs for one day so we resumed on the main story quests. Some sightseeing ahoy!

z44tb61w97yz2el7jvv.jpg

6agzl25lv41te89n3m0.jpg

96ix3a33mxjbdt8mr4r3.jpg

y9ouxso64d07yuxu6by.jpg

4br0ab9i9vfkvihmfv5t.jpg

What lies in the depths of THE VAULT? Cleeve Blakemore as the main boss? Grimoire copies as the reward? :o
e8agw4aqlkl8dajgq4m2.jpg

No, it's a banalshitboring tentacle monster. Very anticlimatic, especially since we killed it in 20 seconds.
ld8q0ken1g7t8v98owv.jpg

ntbkyzq1oo8398zn8umd.jpg

Also rewards sucked, no Grimoire.

azcvobejp775k1vxvafj.jpg

Main story is done but we are only beginning!
s3zispd44qg3uycyxr92.jpg

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
The game is rather good but the Vault part, which is just an area with a boss, is a very horrible way to wrap the game up. You keept hearing of the Vault during the whole game and you get the avatar of tentacle pr0n … Still, getting there was fun and we ain't done yet. And then we got playthrough 2 :D

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
There's proof that anything is fun when you play with your fellows, even boringlands.

Hoaxmetal said:
http://www.bildites.lv/images/s3zispd44qg3uycyxr92.jpg
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom