Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
1591085760174.png

:salute:

Based and serbpilled

My graphics card broke and i :negative:cant play MEIOU now

I just decided to do another Bulgarian campaign. Listening to this and emptying the bottle :smug:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So where is my Bulgarian remove kebab pack? Also great song :salute:.

Actually, I'd like to see a longplay where Bulgaria takes over the Turks.

I beat Austria today as France, very proud of myself. Now I'm curious whether an HRE coalition and England will attack me.

Be careful what you wish for. Jesus. This coalition business is not to be trifled with, especially not after pissing off the whole HRE. I barely won two coalition wars with Castille, Aragon, Bohemia and Savoie as my allies. Ended up with 7 loans.
Coalition wars are the best. I still remember fondly the first time I faced one: I was playing as Savoy and, confident in my strong alliance with both France and Austria, I conquered a big portion of Northern Italy, taking definitely too much land (at the start of the game, even just the Milan province is too much land). Almost the entire HRE joined a coalition against me and immediately declared, with an unbelievable advantage in units and manpower. Even with the two strongest nations in the continent on my side, victory in this war was unachievable, but an utter defeat actually was the greatest thing that could ever happen to me: nobody really cared about me because I still was a medium-sized nation, while everybody wanted to weaken France and Austria. Since I was the war leader, I decided the peace terms on my own and released smaller nations from both my allies, taking away big chunks of land from their territories. That was a perfect situation for me because, since I was about to form Italy, France and Austria would soon become my natural enemies.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Coalition wars are the best.
LoL no,they are the worst,make no sense and just mechanic to restrict the player. They could have been made in to decent mechanic,sadly paradox are retarded. They should have made it so you could separate peace them and restricted the people that could enter it. Coalition wars are just waste of time,also never happened in history.
If you want good mass wars,the religious HRE war is fun if you are the leader.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
LoL no,they are the worst,make no sense and just mechanic to restrict the player. They could have been made in to decent mechanic,sadly paradox are retarded. They should have made it so you could separate peace them and restricted the people that could enter it. Coalition wars are just waste of time,also never happened in history.

Yeah, it is kind of a waste of time. Now I won four coalition wars as France against the HRE and England, with Castille, Aragon, Naples, Savoie, Bohemia, Poland, Lithuania, Denmark, Sweden and Norway as my allies.

This time I used the truce to improve relations with biggest HRE members other than Austria, so they hopefully finally give it a rest.

Now starting the colonial business. Portugal and England are slightly ahead in this. Is it a good idea to pick land close to their colonies? England is better at sending troops there in a war due to their much bigger navy. So I guess I'd need to have enough troops there already before the war.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
My only problem with coalitions is that for each country there's only one, so you can have Mecklenburg, Rostov and Nepal in the same coalition against you and that's too stupid even for me.

As for the "never happened", the wars of the coalitions against France are somewhat similar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_First_Coalition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Second_Coalition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Sixth_Coalition

It's just the way Aggressive Expansion works as a coalition-trigger that ruins the thing. Nations should be allowed to form coalitions for more complex and various reasons than "the Aggressive Expansion reached this number".

Mikeal

Arcane
Yeah, it is kind of a waste of time. Now I won four coalition wars as France against the HRE and England, with Castille, Aragon, Naples, Savoie, Bohemia, Poland, Lithuania, Denmark, Sweden and Norway as my allies.

This time I used the truce to improve relations with biggest HRE members other than Austria, so they hopefully finally give it a rest.

Now starting the colonial business. Portugal and England are slightly ahead in this. Is it a good idea to pick land close to their colonies? England is better at sending troops there in a war due to their much bigger navy. So I guess I'd need to have enough troops there already before the war.

Where are they colonizing?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
England at the mouth of the Amazonas and Portugal on the island of the Dominican Republic. Though I have only started exploring the area, so there may be more.

Frozen

Arcane
Is this game still broken because Chinks are OP as fuck because multiplayer retardo.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, I can't get even to Bermuda yet - need the 50% colonial range idea first. And at the same time wasting my diplo points on allying the big dogs in the HRE like Bavaria because Austria is assembling the fifth coalition against me.

For France, I guess it is the Lousianna trade node that goes directly to Bordeaux? Makes sense to prioritize that one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My only problem with coalitions is that for each country there's only one, so you can have Mecklenburg, Rostov and Nepal in the same coalition against you and that's too stupid even for me.

As for the "never happened", the wars of the coalitions against France are somewhat similar:

It's just the way Aggressive Expansion works as a coalition-trigger that ruins the thing. Nations should be allowed to form coalitions for more complex and various reasons than "the Aggressive Expansion reached this number".
No that is not similar at all lol. France didn't take two rich cities from the HRE and there is no ming and india in it! Also those wars were for becoming a democracy,which is a generic shit in this game,while in reality was a really big deal and endangered the rest of evropa. I don't remember all the continents uniting when the Big Khan conquered half the world in half a decade. If they were limited to only neighbouring countries and you were able to separate peace for a good deal,then they would have been ok. Another big thing is that you win very hard war yet you get nothing out of it,which is retarded beyond believe lol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

No that is not similar at all lol. France didn't take two rich cities from the HRE and there is no ming and india in it! Also those wars were for becoming a democracy,which is a generic shit in this game,while in reality was a really big deal and endangered the rest of evropa. I don't remember all the continents uniting when the Big Khan conquered half the world in half a decade. If they were limited to only neighbouring countries and you were able to separate peace for a good deal,then they would have been ok. Another big thing is that you win very hard war yet you get nothing out of it,which is retarded beyond believe lol.
Yes, that's why I said that Aggressive Expansion on its own doesn't work as a coalition-trigger. To make coalitions work, the game needs a far more complex system that doesn't take into account only how much land you recently took for yourself, but also a lot of different factors, like government form, relative power, stability and relations. But the implementation of a similar system would probably completely break the community apart just like every slightly impactful change they make (corruption from territories, harder conversions...). It's very hard to change things while trying to keep satisfied both the "historical" players and the "aggressive-map-painters" ones.

The neighboring countries stuff is completely retarded. It's so stupid it doesn't even manage to make me laugh. As Spain, seeing France, Kilwa and Vijayanagar in the same coalition always makes me furious.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yes, that's why I said that Aggressive Expansion on its own doesn't work as a coalition-trigger. To make coalitions work, the game needs a far more complex system that doesn't take into account only how much land you recently took for yourself, but also a lot of different factors, like government form, relative power, stability and relations. But the implementation of a similar system would probably completely break the community apart just like every slightly impactful change they make (corruption from territories, harder conversions...). It's very hard to change things while trying to keep satisfied both the "historical" players and the "aggressive-map-painters" ones.

The neighboring countries stuff is completely retarded. It's so stupid it doesn't even manage to make me laugh. As Spain, seeing France, Kilwa and Vijayanagar in the same coalition always makes me furious.
I don't think that it will butthurt the community,also it is a cuck community,they will bitch about it for week and then buy the dlc. A whole other question is that paradox will make even more retarded if they try to fix it :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Most hardcore Slavic battle hymn. The best rendition which is pure male choir isn't on youtube though:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just like Stary Olsa and all the Polish versions don't have the sound I like.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This song was part of my Polish/Lithuanian custom OST for EU (AGCEEP + MyMap, later EUIV), along with Rycar Bajda and others.

Edit: Actually Rycar Bajda has to be tied with Bogurodzica for the most badass Slav war song. One against Germans, the other one against Turks ;)

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Of course, fantadomat cannot be relied on to post quality Bulgarian insurrection songs:
Those are some fighting words there mate. Generally i don't like posting such songs,don't think that our culture is as cheep as the kwanza shit. If someone is interested in it there is ways to find music,stories and films. Also most of our old songs are song down the generations and not on the youtube.

And here is a good drinking song :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom