Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europareich 2057 - A Cyberpunk CYOA

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
F2
S6
P1
B

Monty

Arcane
F2
S4
P1
B

I was going to agree with Azira's plan, but have decided to send the second wave to the North-East for two reasons.

First, I don't want the hostiles drawn by the first wave to be in a position to fire into the elevators as the second wave arrive. When attention is drawn to the Southern Stairwell, hopefully the second wave will have more chance of exiting the elevator before drawing fire. Second, I'm hoping that more hostiles will be drawn by the two diversions this way. So some will move to combat the incursion in the South, then instead of an expansion of that conflict as our 2nd wave enters in the SE, I'm hoping that a second front in the NE will draw more hostiles away from the hostages, perhaps they will even think that the second wave is our main attack. Having the CTs come in from the West is risky (as Oscar says) so drawing as many away from there as possible is essential.

tl;dr what I'm going for is more chaos and confusion by hitting them from all sides

Rumsfeld

Scholar
F2
S4
P1
B

I was going to agree with Azira's plan, but have decided to send the second wave to the North-East for two reasons.

First, I don't want the hostiles drawn by the first wave to be in a position to fire into the elevators as the second wave arrive. When attention is drawn to the Southern Stairwell, hopefully the second wave will have more chance of exiting the elevator before drawing fire. Second, I'm hoping that more hostiles will be drawn by the two diversions this way. So some will move to combat the incursion in the South, then instead of an expansion of that conflict as our 2nd wave enters in the SE, I'm hoping that a second front in the NE will draw more hostiles away from the hostages, perhaps they will even think that the second wave is our main attack. Having the CTs come in from the West is risky (as Oscar says) so drawing as many away from there as possible is essential.

tl;dr what I'm going for is more chaos and confusion by hitting them from all sides
This Azira/Monty plan makes sense. It's good to send the first team via the stairwell, as opposed to the exposure of arriving via elevator and potentially having no cover. Then sending a 2nd team to the NE will draw more defenders and cause more confusion. Finally, the CTs go in by the shortest route to get to the hostages.

Seems solid.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It says in the text though, that we'll be causing a distraction by sending an empty elevator to the floor first, followed shortly thereafter by an elevator with Team 2.
I imagined using the NE elevator as the decoy, and having the SE elevator carry the crew. Position our people close together to concentrate fire and then make a nice pincer maneouver with the police elite squad. They're the big guns here, we're not there to do the killing, we're just moving targets..

Weasel
How about empty elevator to SW, then when enemies go to investigate that our first wave come out of the S stairwell and nail some of them in the back, then 2nd wave to NE elevator to attract more enemies, then CT group come in from the West to get the hostages.

So my vote is also:
F2
S4
P1
B

Bohr

Arcane
How about empty elevator to SW, then when enemies go to investigate that our first wave come out of the S stairwell and nail some of them in the back, then 2nd wave to NE elevator to attract more enemies, then CT group come in from the West to get the hostages.

So my vote is also:
F2
S4
P1
B
Zis

Hellraiser

Arcane
In the end, unsurprisingly TBH, it ended up with the only difference being in the number of S4 or S6 votes. S4 got 6 as opposed to the 4 for s6. An odd coincidence :M

Either way this won:
F2
S4
P1
B

So I'll start rolling and writing this.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
KAl7x6i.jpg

Van Rompuy proclaiming the Europareich? Also, notice how the EU's emblem is now a part of an Illuminati eye :smug:

Hellraiser

Arcane
I am sometimes not even sure if real life events within the EU influenced the setting of this CYOA or if this CYOA influenced how real life events unfolded.

Also holy shit, the eye. Bloody hell, that better be just a joke by the dolts who made that podium rather than Cleve being right again :M

Hellraiser

Arcane
Well you can start gathering the pitchforks and torches as it looks like I will probably not resume this or any of the LPs. I have a deadline until the end of april to finish something I have been working on, in addition to work proper, unfortunately it means I really can't find the time or effort to finish the damn chapter. That and I'm out of ideas how to lead up to the next event(s), blame (shitty) writer's block.

Monty

Arcane
:( Understood, hope you don't abandon it totally though - even if you get some inspiration in a few months it would be great to read further as this is a damn fine CYOA.

Erebus

Arcane
It's okay, man. It's a real pity, but writing a quality LP like this one must have taken a lot of time and efforts.

Thanks for the ride !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom