Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Everyone hear about the SWG debacle?

protobob

Liturgist
MMORPG = Abomination

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
DarkSign said:
Ive come up with my own new way of doing a Star Wars MMO.

Basically combining KOTOR and SW Battlegrounds.
You replace the jedi powers with the stupid 'convert and heal' powers from SW Battlegrounds?

A real good Star Wars MMO would be more like Planetside and less like EQ. The way I picture it in my mind is like one long game of counterstrike that lasts until one side or the other takes over everything, then resets. Or something. Or maybe is divided up between planets and takes about a year before the galaxy resets. Who knows.

This click an NPC, click a button, go get a snack stuff is for the birds.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, I've always fancied games with large strategic maps with battles being waged to take over each of the little territories. Tribes 2 was supposed to be like that with a variety of servers connected through a matrix, each one of them representing one small area of the total map, but that never materialized. Sigh.

Tiliqua

Liturgist
I like mmos, especially I like the interaction with other players . Currently I'm playing Eve and am enjoying it very much.

MMOs = Group Sex
SP Games = Masturbation

DarkSign

Erudite
Exitium said:
Yeah, I've always fancied games with large strategic maps with battles being waged to take over each of the little territories. Tribes 2 was supposed to be like that with a variety of servers connected through a matrix, each one of them representing one small area of the total map, but that never materialized. Sigh.

Exactly...but then put into a meaningful persistent world

...with NPC civilizations taking part to claim territories too

...with a skill system integrated that helped towards the objectives (aka bomb disarming or gun skill)

THATS a good start right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom