Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking Devs Play Videos

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

And a new one:

Got bored and left

The characters seem to have a fair bit of tactical options to use, looks nice. How does that compare to Conquistador? I haven't played it and I'm wondering how much has the combat system grown, if at all.

Barbarian

Arcane
The characters seem to have a fair bit of tactical options to use, looks nice. How does that compare to Conquistador? I haven't played it and I'm wondering how much has the combat system grown, if at all.

Haven't played the beta, but from what I have seem so far Vikings has a lot more options when it comes to character skills, development and playstyles. Gameplay seems more polished too.

Even though I don't like Vikings at all and find the Conquistador setting much more interesting, I'm fairly excited about this game.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer

Conquistador was class based and the abilities tied to that class. In Viking it's skill based, and you get any abilities a skill has as you rank up in that skill. You're generally free to purchase any skill for any character, though some have skill requirements. We have, by my last count, double the amount of abilities we had in conquistador (Just counting the combat abilities, not all skills). We also have a lot more items this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom