Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 1 Help

Melcar

Arcane
I mean, fuck. It's called barter. Or don't they teach that stuff in schools anymore?

Cypher402

Novice
Monocause said:
I'd really like to have an opportunity to observe some of the Codexers out there in the real world, to verify a couple of my theses on there being a strong corelation between angrycuntism on the Codex and failing on most other fronts. It is a common mechanism that you start going into ritualism whenever your needs are unsatisfied, picking strange stuff to worship and getting one of these obsessive-compulsive disorders. Getting very angry about video games in ways popular on this site isn't that different from getting very angry when your cup of tea is full in 3/4 instead of 4/5.

Pathological desire of some sort of an ill-defined excellence in video games you play is mirroring your longing for at least some excellence in your life; yet you deflect the fact that your life is shit (and therefore make any improvements impossible) by getting emotional when analysing almost every game out there and judging them completely inadequate. Makes sense.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking whenever I read posts by guys like Skyway. How can they express love or kindness towards others if they hate themselves. It's sad..
And for the record fuck games like alpha protocol, oblivion etc. If I'm gonna fuck off playing games they better be good...

Played Fallout 1 a bunch more last night, loving this game so much! I remember a friend was raving about Fallout 3 when it came out so I borrowed it. It took a couple days of wandering around realize how much a piece of shit that game is. It's like Basheda didn't even bother playing the old games.

DraQ

Arcane
Cypher402 said:
Played Fallout 1 a bunch more last night, loving this game so much! I remember a friend was raving about Fallout 3 when it came out so I borrowed it. It took a couple days of wandering around realize how much a piece of shit that game is. It's like Basheda didn't even bother playing the old games.
Judging by Oblivion they can't be arsed to play their *own* old games, so how is that surprising?

P.S. Don't 'lol' casually without hint of sarcasm or anything of that sort, you automatically lose right to call anyone a loser this way. Just a hint.

gothfox

Liturgist
Melcar said:
I mean, fuck. It's called barter. Or don't they teach that stuff in schools anymore?

I remember someone on NeoGAF proudly proclaiming that he learned the word "flotilla" from Mass Effect 2.

decline.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
gothfox said:
Melcar said:

I remember someone on NeoGAF proudly proclaiming that he learned the word "flotilla" from Mass Effect 2.

decline.jpg

That's... deep, man. :smug:

Monocause, I'll be your willing test subject! And to OP, refrain from reading guides of walkthroughs - do not spoil yourself regarding plot/npcs/stuff either in F1, F2 or PST before hand. There's plenty of replayability anyway.

Cypher402

Novice
Yeah I got far enough that the timer for getting the water chip was almost up so I started to read a walk through, only to realize immediately upon reading that it is going to ruin my experience.

I restarted this morning with a better character build, and now I'm more aware of what needs to be done and how fast. At first I didn't want to restart, but that's one of the reasons I'm liking the game is the non linear complexity so I don't mind going at it from a more efficient start.

Fun times :D

Sodomy

Scholar
Cypher402 said:
Yeah I got far enough that the timer for getting the water chip was almost up
Holy shit, wtf? Either you're trolling, or an epic moron- my first playthrough, when I found the water chip and brought it back to the vault, I had nearly 100 days left.

Cypher402 said:
Monocause said:
I'd really like to have an opportunity to observe some of the Codexers out there in the real world, to verify a couple of my theses on there being a strong corelation between angrycuntism on the Codex and failing on most other fronts. It is a common mechanism that you start going into ritualism whenever your needs are unsatisfied, picking strange stuff to worship and getting one of these obsessive-compulsive disorders. Getting very angry about video games in ways popular on this site isn't that different from getting very angry when your cup of tea is full in 3/4 instead of 4/5.

Pathological desire of some sort of an ill-defined excellence in video games you play is mirroring your longing for at least some excellence in your life; yet you deflect the fact that your life is shit (and therefore make any improvements impossible) by getting emotional when analysing almost every game out there and judging them completely inadequate. Makes sense.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking whenever I read posts by guys like Skyway. How can they express love or kindness towards others if they hate themselves. It's sad..

Remember that this is a hobby site, and as such some people might get more extreme intense when talking about it (or with people that share the same hobby, anyway). Sorta like the guy that becomes a fanatical, agressive retard when watching his favorite sport, but is a normal person otherwise.

Skyway could be rescuing kittens from trees before sitting in front of his pc, for all we know.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Clockwork Knight said:
Skyway could be rescuing kittens from trees before sitting in front of his pc, for all we know.

I've always pictured Skyway that way. Doesn't everyone else?

Multi-headed Cow

You aren't living up to the space marine ideal with your posting lately Kingcomrade. You are getting lax in the eyes of the Emperor.

Commissar1.jpg

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Jaesun said:
Clockwork Knight said:

I've always pictured Skyway that way. Doesn't everyone else?
I always saw him as an old man feeding pidgeons together with his dog, and sometimes getting on the Codex to bash some new nextgen shit.
But that's me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom