Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3 banned downunder?

DemonKing

Arcane
Ausir said:
It's been confirmed that it's the drugs.

Yeah - apparently the gore and naughty words are ok, but the realistic depection of drug taking is bad for the kiddies.

To be honest, I don't really care if they tone down the drug taking as long as the gore stays.

Spectacle said:
Australia is just annoyed that Fallout is set in America rather than the outback like the Mad Max movies.

Quoted for motherfucking truth:)

But really this is some good news - it means that I'll actually play FO3 now. I didn't want to give money to Bethesda, and I don't pirate unless I can't obtain the game by any lawful means, so basically it's torrent ahoy

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Azrael the cat said:
Spectacle said:
Australia is just annoyed that Fallout is set in America rather than the outback like the Mad Max movies.

Quoted for motherfucking truth:)

On the contrary, we know how to do it right, with big badass aussie muscle cars to boot. We don't want no Bethesda shit here.

Grey

Novice
My new programming hole, Fortitude Valley - Queens
You know, this is the first piece of GOOD news I've heard about F3 so far! It's also the first time I've -ever- been happy about the lack of 18+ rating in Australia :lol:

Gotta love the bible-basher for 'protecting' us adults from such naughtiness as this :roll:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ahzaruuk said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Shannow said:
21 million.
Shit, only?
As of now, there are more kangaroos than people in the land of Aus.

21 million people, 60 million kangaroos.
Yeah and foreigners keep getting all outraged whenever we propose shooting them.

The kangaroos that is.

Korgan said:
I don't know what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong there. You saw nothing.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
Ahzaruuk said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Shannow said:
21 million.
Shit, only?
As of now, there are more kangaroos than people in the land of Aus.

21 million people, 60 million kangaroos.
Yeah and foreigners keep getting all outraged whenever we propose shooting them.

The kangaroos that is.

Hmm, I saw a "documentary" a few years ago that said that you do shoot them but that some biological mechanism keeps their population at constant levels no matter how many of them you murder ;)
As the " " indicates I have no idea how accurate that claim is. I found it quite improbable that should be able to sense their overall population size. More food for the survivors would of course be an explanation but that wasn't what the documentary claimed.
But I have no idea what relevance that has to drug abuse in BoS 2.

FluffyKitten

Novice
The importation restriction is never enforced, as really, it isn't practical to do it on our end, and why would overseas vendors keep track of Australia's retarded lack of an R+ rating?

Take San Andreas for example, they pulled the same shit with that, and a large amount of people just pointed their browser to .nz or .sg

The OFLC are dinosaurs, do away with those cretinous parasites

Ausir

Arcane
So the only people that are going to lose money on this are the Australian distributors and vendors.

MasPingon

Arcane
BearBomber said:
Today they have taken our games, tommorow they'll take OUT FREEEEEEEDOM!

LAST HOPE OF AUSTRALIA

V_taking_a_bow.jpg

Andhaira! I'm sure his diplomatic skills could be useful

kazgar

Arcane
And we're back!

Not sure whether to rejoice or cry

but in other news, the Australian version is technically now EVEN SUCKIER!

===

Fallout 3 ban lifted in Australia

Jason Hill
August 12, 2008 - 10:27AM

A revised version of Fallout 3, one of the most highly anticipated games of the year and winner of the "Best in Show" award at E3 2008, has been cleared for release in Australia.

Bethesda's role playing game, which is set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC, was refused classification last month because it featured "material promoting or encouraging proscribed drug use" and "drug use... related to incentives and rewards".

Bethesda and Australian distributor Red Ant have declined to reveal what edits have been made to the game to obtain an MA15+ rating for the upcoming PC and Xbox 360 release.

Earlier in the year, Screen Play exclusively revealed Grand Theft Auto IV had also been edited for release in Australia, a story which made headlines all around the world.

Developers are often forced to edit games with mature content like Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV in order to obtain an MA15+ rating because of the lack of an R18+ games classification in Australia.

The Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia said last month the original Fallout 3 decision would help galvanise support for an adults-only rating.[/url]

Fez

Erudite
You'll probably eat healthy fruit and vegetables instead of taking drugs and you'll blow kisses at the mutants instead of firing rounds of hot lead.

kazgar

Arcane
Fez said:
You'll probably eat healthy fruit and vegetables instead of taking drugs and you'll blow kisses at the mutants instead of firing rounds of hot lead.

That means I CAN TOTALLY AVOID COMBAT IN FALLOUT 3!

sign me up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom