Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 gets Writers' Guild Award Nomination

Rorschach

Novice
Yeah, and Regan ended the cold war.

Lemunde

Scholar
The Writer's Guild is recruiting again. Not bad work for some folk, if you got the bones for it.

bhlaab

Erudite
It's probably getting the nomination because of setting and general idea, things that the originals set up a long time ago.

hiver

no, it would sooner be the amount of words in a game.

maybe they give awards by kilograms of words used now.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
[perception] I noticed Fallout3 praising is finally in decline.
:riseofthecodex:

KurtH

Liturgist
[Intelligence] There is no Wisdom stat in the SPECIAL system?

hiver

Sissiness
Perversion
Embolism
Coolness
Imbecilism
Joviality
Anality
Lying
Neurosis
Onanism

shadowtroll

Novice
I was just browsing through this forum to check it out, because I'm hunting around for some game forums I can have discussions on with people who are of some level of intelligence. I registered when I saw this thread just to say how disgusted I am at this nomination. Fallout 3's plot is of a very low level, indeed. They treat water purification as if it's some hidden science, when civilizations have practiced said purification successfully for ages. I think I'll be sticking around here.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
JarlFrank said:
Fat Dragon said:
How does the Writers' Guild fuck up that badly?

Because only games where the writers are getting seperate credit are able to be nominated. If you got a game like Torment but in the credits your writer is called "Game Designer", you don't get a prize.

Yep, and they also require that the game script be delivered in a "movie script" format.

We got asked to submit for Age of Conan, but trying to put an MMORPG into a "movie script" format would have made little sense.
I imagine any single player game with decent C&C would also have trouble submitting in that format.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
SPECIAL:

retard.jpg

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
shadowtroll said:
I was just browsing through this forum to check it out, because I'm hunting around for some game forums I can have discussions on with people who are of some level of intelligence. I registered when I saw this thread just to say how disgusted I am at this nomination. Fallout 3's plot is of a very low level, indeed. They treat water purification as if it's some hidden science, when civilizations have practiced said purification successfully for ages. I think I'll be sticking around here.
el75h5ks7.jpg

Welcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom