Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 lulz

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/ ... fallout-3/

I chose a different path, a path that left me securing my very own house in Megaton with my very own robot butler. I could get a haircut from this butler. Or I could get amusement. That’s what I selected, and he/she/it told me a joke. It was about two electrons walking into a bar. One saying it lost an electron. The other asking: “Are you sure?” Response: “I’m positive.”

I asked my robot butler to tell me another joke. The robot butler replied: “My humor emitter ray needs recharging.”

And then I — accidentally — shot my robot butler, who chased me out of my own house, shooing me with his/her/its small flamethrower.

Theoretically, when you accidentally misfire into their torso or their two-headed cow, you can calm the people who shoot back at you if you holster your weapon. This didn’t work against my robot butler. He ran me out of town.
Uh, what? Megaton, a shithole built in a crater of an unexploded bomb, has houses with robot butlers who can kick you out of the house?

After I revived from a checkpoint...
Checkpoint?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
A robot butler telling jokes. More of that trademark Fallout humour.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Last 10 topics by Vault Dweller:

Fallout 3 lulz
New Alpha Protocol Screens
Fallout 3: get your skills out of my FPS
Bethesda fixed Fallout's flaws!
GamePro trashes Fallout 3
Fallout 3 interview and new screens
FO3 feels exactlly like Oblivion - a hands-on preview
Ken Rolston's new RPG
The magical compass of Fallout 3
New Fallout 3 screen - mommy, my head is cripplied!

I SENSE A PATTERN HERE!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Wyrmlord said:
Last 10 topics by Vault Dweller:

Fallout 3 lulz
New Alpha Protocol Screens
Fallout 3: get your skills out of my FPS
Bethesda fixed Fallout's flaws!
GamePro trashes Fallout 3
Fallout 3 interview and new screens
FO3 feels exactlly like Oblivion - a hands-on preview
Ken Rolston's new RPG
The magical compass of Fallout 3
New Fallout 3 screen - mommy, my head is cripplied!

I SENSE A PATTERN HERE!
You skipped "Long games ruin fun!" and "First Dragon Age screens & art" threads. That's cheating.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
But anyway, he revived from a checkpoint after he got killed? Almost sounds like it has Bioshock style ressurections.

But maybe it means that he reloaded from the last autosave. Although checkpoints might imply a checkpoint save system that you see in alot of console platformers.

God damn, checkpoint saves suck. I remember the Scarface game where you could only save the game by driving all the way to one of the city's four banks.

Micmu

Magister
Saving only at checkpoints is way, way to hard-core for them, PLEASE. :roll:

Or checkpoints simply mean resurrection altars (besides normal, save/load anywhere system). Will anyone be really surprised if they "sneaked" this feature in, which is at the moment all the rage with dumbed down action games?

MetalCraze

Arcane
That’s what I selected, and he/she/it told me a joke. It was about two electrons walking into a bar. One saying it lost an electron. The other asking: “Are you sure?” Response: “I’m positive.”

I don't understand during what should I laugh?

Lumpy

Arcane
skyway said:
That’s what I selected, and he/she/it told me a joke. It was about two electrons walking into a bar. One saying it lost an electron. The other asking: “Are you sure?” Response: “I’m positive.”

I don't understand during what should I laugh?
Yeah it's two atoms not electrons. When an atom loses an electron it becomes electrically positive.

DefJam101

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
It was about two electrons walking into a bar. One saying it lost an electron. The other asking: “Are you sure?” Response: “I’m positive.”

Soccer_doubleFail.gif

J1M

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
It was about two electrons walking into a bar. One saying it lost an electron. The other asking: “Are you sure?” Response: “I’m positive.”
:lol:

maximum fail on all levels.
Either you mean two atoms/adams or that doesn't make any fucking sense.

Schauman

Scholar

You have to give points to Beth for recycling jokes in RPGs though. I saw this one in ME, Noveria, Rift Station, the two dumbfuck scientists by Han Olar.

Schauman said:

You have to give points to Beth for recycling jokes in RPGs though. I saw this one in ME, Noveria, Rift Station, the two dumbfuck scientists by Han Olar.
True. It does take balls.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Fallout 3 is dead to me. My last hope was that it might turn out to be some mildly amusing fps with stats. The more I read and especially the more I see, the more I regret even giving it a chance. Fuck Bethesda for what they are doing and fuck ém for what they've become.

caliban

Scholar
Kraszu said:
You can recharge humor emitter ray for only 1.99$.

That would be quite good actually, as a reference to Dick's "Ubik".

Not that it belongs in F3, mind you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom