Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 reviewed!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Stevee Wonder said:
And frankly, I think dropping something large from the sky will make a hole in the ground. Maybe you disagree.
laughingsmiley007oh9.gif

The question here will be: How big will the hole be.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stevee Wonder said:
And this is different than blowing up Megaton and getting other quests how?
The difference is the whole Megaton business is retarded, for reasons discussed extensively in many places. TW's choices and consequences were quite reasonable.

Also, blowing up Megaton is Bad, and letting it be is Good, right? This is also a big difference.

Dark Elf

Erudite
I have this weird feeling that this is the thread that will forevermore be considered the turning point of the Codex.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
WhiskeyWolf said:
Vault Dweller said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
You know what TES is right? - not only that place, I been to few places with butthurt admins, sometimes I think there favorite activites are "making your life hard".
You're talking about two extremes as if the only answer to despotism is anarchy.
Does freedom of speech = anarchy?
You are confusing freedom of speech with freedom to be an imbecile and throw feces at people.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stevee Wonder said:
And frankly, I think dropping something large from the sky will make a hole in the ground. Maybe you disagree.

An unexploded nuke still doesn't make a crater large enough to build a town in it. It's a retarded concept. Also, why would anyone build a town near an unexploded nuclear bomb?

Imagine you're living in a post-apoc world. You see everything in ruins, and the environment is fucking dangerous. You find an un-exploded nuke. And I bet that building yourself a house near that fucking nuke which could blow up anytime is the last thing you'd think about. It's retarded.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Stevee Wonder said:

An unexploded nuke still doesn't make a crater large enough to build a town in it. It's a retarded concept. Also, why would anyone build a town near an unexploded nuclear bomb?

Look, despite what you may think I am no noob here. I know all about the idea of 'retarded concepts' but in the end this is a video game. There are many things in the original Fallouts that could be considered 'retarded concepts'. It's all about perspective and someone else may not share yours.

To you it's a retarded concept. That's an opinion and that's fine. It doesn't make you better than someone with a different opinion. And it in no way justifies what lengths some of the members here will and have gone to to express their anger.

I am not pointing at you specifically, but in the eyes of the gaming public at large you are all one in the same, especially with the amount of condoning that occurs.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Stevee Wonder said:

It's simply a matter of mass, velocity and force of impact. Your average aeroplane is bigger and heavier than your average nuclear warhead, but you don't see plane crashes resulting in giant craters do you now?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Stevee Wonder said:
Look, despite what you may think I am no noob here. I know all about the idea of 'retarded concepts' ....
You *are* a retarded concept, Stevee. Now shut the fuck up and go sit in the corner.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Vault Dweller said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
You know what TES is right? - not only that place, I been to few places with butthurt admins, sometimes I think there favorite activites are "making your life hard".
You're talking about two extremes as if the only answer to despotism is anarchy.
Does freedom of speech = anarchy?
You are confusing freedom of speech with freedom to be an imbecile and throw feces at people.
So, anarchy = freedom to be an imbecile and throw feces at people?

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Stevee Wonder said:
Look, despite what you may think I am no noob here. I know all about the idea of 'retarded concepts' ....
You *are* a retarded concept, Stevee. Now shut the fuck up and go sit in the corner.

How about no.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH! THIS SITE WAS BUILT ON IT AMIRITE?

Admiral jimbob said:
This one's too feverish. He'll burn himself out in a week or so, max.
Actually you probably won't see me here anymore after today. I think the goal was accomplished. I didn't come here to convince people FO3 was good. The point was to get others to recognize what this site has become. Call it :declineofthecodex: if you want, but the fact is.. the media's view of you is completely justified and it only takes a few bad apples and couple of onlookers cheering them along to cement that.

So maybe things will change, but they probably won't. But since the peer pressure here is so intense maybe a few people that do have influence over the weaker members will convince them that representing this place in such light probably doesn't do a lot of good. And the lulz are pretty poor as well.

Elwro

Arcane
Not all opinions are of equal worth. Simply because there is such thing as justification. Some opinions are more informed than others, because people who have them used their brain to form them. If someone honestly thought all opinions were worth the same, I'm pretty sure such a person would stay far, far away from the internet.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Stevee Wonder said:
Look, despite what you may think I am no noob here. I know all about the idea of 'retarded concepts' but in the end this is a video game. There are many things in the original Fallouts that could be considered 'retarded concepts'. It's all about perspective and someone else may not share yours.

To you it's a retarded concept. That's an opinion and that's fine. It doesn't make you better than someone with a different opinion. And it in no way justifies what lengths some of the members here will and have gone to to express their anger.

I am not pointing at you specifically, but in the eyes of the gaming public at large you are all one in the same, especially with the amount of condoning that occurs.

You seem to be advocating the notion that all opinions are equal and thus equally valid. Objectively this might be the case, but opinions are always subjective and therefore your assumption feels rather empty.

Also, one should always have the option to judge a sequel by the standards set by its predecessors. Building a town around an unexploded nuke simply isn't coherent with the storyline, therefore such complaints are justified by reason.

Elwro

Arcane
Dark Elf said:
It's simply a matter of mass, velocity and force of impact. Your average aeroplane is bigger and heavier than your average nuclear warhead, but you don't see plane crashes resulting in giant craters do you now?
The answer is, of course, that the nuke fell from SPACE!1! Aliens must've thrown it at us.

A user named cat

Stevee you're already up to 93 posts after one day and still making an idiot of yourself? Are you going for the Cloaked Figure tag? Take a break, fatass. Wipe the sweat from your chins.

I think you deserve nothing but picture replies and laughs at your repeateded anal sobbing.

Vault Dweller

Developer
WhiskeyWolf said:
So anarchy = freedom to be an imbecile and throw feces at people?
On a gaming forum? Yes. I mean... we don't need to go far to get an example, do we?

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Elwro said:
Not all opinions are of equal worth. Simply because there is such thing as justification. Some opinions are more informed than others, because people who have them used their brain to form them. If someone honestly thought all opinions were worth the same, I'm pretty sure such a person would stay far, far away from the internet.

So I can say I played Wasteland on an 8088 back in 1989 when the manual told you to copy the disks to play the game and that makes my opinion worth a lot?

I mean, I am about as informed on Fallout as one person can get short of someone who worked on it. If I said Fallout 3 looks cool does that make it valid?

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
So anarchy = freedom to be an imbecile and throw feces at people?
On a gaming forum? Yes. I mean... we don't need to go far to get an example, do we?
A gaming forum you say... hmm, that makes sense.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Dark Elf said:
Stevee Wonder said:

You seem to be advocating the notion that all opinions are equal and thus equally valid. Objectively this might be the case, but opinions are always subjective and therefore your assumption feels rather empty.

Also, one should always have the option to judge a sequel by the standards set by its predecessors. Building a town around an unexploded nuke simply isn't coherent with the storyline, therefore such complaints are justified by reason.

Yes, but having one under a church makes sense. And exploding it next to the town and not having ANY COLLATERAL DAMAGE whatsoever is completely and totally logical.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Stevee Wonder said:
If I said Fallout 3 looks cool does that make it valid?
No, the word "cool" doesn't say anything - at least that's what they told me at school.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Stevee Wonder said:
Yes, but having one under a church makes sense. And exploding it next to the town and not having ANY COLLATERAL DAMAGE whatsoever is completely and totally logical.

Fallout Tactics, right? Which is pretty universally bashed as being a bad game and non-canon by the Codex?

I haven't played it, but you're spot on that it doesn't make sense.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Dark Elf said:
Stevee Wonder said:

Fallout Tactics, right? Which is pretty universally bashed as being a bad game and non-canon by the Codex?

I haven't played it, but you're spot on that it doesn't make sense.

Fallout 1 actually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom