Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout 3: the Doctor is Out

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
micmu said:
So, enchanted items are in....great

Should anyone even be surprised?

Radiation is the new magic :roll:

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
baby arm said:
However, I also left with this worrying thought that I might have killed someone might actually be very important later in the game. That's one of the dangers when you go off script
If he were important, he'd not been killable. Duh!

St. Toxic

Arcane
Carrie Underwood said:
comix.jpg

If we kick the brain hard enough we might enjoy ze gaem. :)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
And you should. It's not like any game was an intellectually stimulating activity, it is fucking entertainment. Oh wait, Codex, nerd superiority complex, I forget, move along

LarsTheSurly

Scholar
Serious_Business said:
And you should. It's not like any game was an intellectually stimulating activity, it is fucking entertainment. Oh wait, Codex, nerd superiority complex, I forget, move along

Oh, I have a question!

What if... umm... I'm not entertained by mindless hackfesh/shoot-em-up type games?
What if... I'm entertained by intellectually stimulating activity? Like, oh I don't know, a good story?
What if... the irony of the whole situation breaks the fourth wall worse than the terrible AI?*

*Irony: Bethesda's buzzword is "immersion" and their lack of creativity mixes with the Fallout world like water and motor oil.

Serious_Business said:

Of course. How could I be so blind? Clearly, thinking is not fun at all. Now let's commence with the buttsecks and Halo.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Serious_Business said:

I like the way you think. Or rather, the way you don't think. :wink:

DraQ

Arcane
*tries hard to emulate bethesdish train of thought*
:x :shock:

I think they tried to make it so that right equipment (like clothing) affected your success rate with certain skills, for example you're less likely to harm your patient while not wearing your dirty wasteland clothes. Of course, this doesn't make the possibility of dressing up to better heal your own wounds any less moronic. The blood splatter is probably there because its teh cool, or something.

Fuck, I need a beer.

Unradscorpion said:
+3 for iPhone and only +1 for the mohawk?
Failure of the free market?

Kaiserin

Liturgist
MisterStone said:
Eh, it's not so bad.... didn't FOII have sunglasses that gave you a CH bonus? :)
It also had a red condom which gave you a strength bonus.

Silly stat bonuses from items would probably be the last thing I complained about when it comes to FO3.

Kaiserin said:
It also had a red condom which gave you a strength bonus.

Shouldn't that've been a INT bonus at least? I mean come on, wrapping it up in the wasteland seems like a good idea. Venereal Diseases seems incredibly possible there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom