Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 will drive you crazy

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Or at least that's what happened to some guy from UGO:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/fallout_3_vault_106_walkthrough

What drew my attention was a sign pointing to a nearby fallout shelter.

How useful these kind of direction post would have been in FO1 and 2! So bad no game designer thought about it at the time.

much to my surprise, the vault door clanged open the moment I touched it, gears and levers sliding out of place like the day it was built.

That's a great security system indeed.

It was nothing short of an abandoned ruin. And then I realized it wasn’t quite abandoned.

Abandoned ruin? Doesn't that mean invaded by zombies and gobelins?

It wasn’t until the science lab that I learned the truth. After hacking into a computer deep within the Vault’s bowels, I discovered the true purpose of Vault 106. You see, the vaults weren’t designed to save humanity. They were massive social experiments.

Would that mean they actually played FO2?

And 30 minutes later I was still trying to leave. Every time I checked my map, the exit would be in a different spot. The exit would appear to be in the next room, and then, when I went in there, I was no where near it. It didn’t help that the vaults have a labyrinthian layout and every hallway looks sorta the same, either.

I had no idea that game design would be so good that you could keep emprisoned in one fucked up dungeon for such a long time. Sure, with FO3, Bethesda gets better in so many ways.

LarsTheSurly

Scholar
And 30 minutes later I was still trying to leave. Every time I checked my map, the exit would be in a different spot. The exit would appear to be in the next room, and then, when I went in there, I was no where near it. It didn’t help that the vaults have a labyrinthian layout and every hallway looks sorta the same, either.

I can't wait for reviewers to start praising this as some revolutionary new dungeon design, then a week later Bethesda says "Oops, it was a glitch."

Fucking media.

Something so benign for me construed as cruelty
Such a difference between who I am and who you see

Conclusions you come to of me routinely incorrect
I don’t know who you’re talking to with such fucking disrespect

This shit’s making me crazy
The way you nullify what’s in my head
You say one thing do another
And argue that’s not what you did
Your way’s making me mental
How you filter as skewed interpret
I swear you won’t be happy til
I am bound in a straight jacket

Talking with you’s like talking to a sive that can’t hear me
You fight me tooth and nail to disavow what’s happening

Your resistance to a mirror I feel screaming from your body
One day I’ll introduce myself and you’ll see you’ve not yet met me

This shit’s making me crazy
The way you nullify what’s in my head
You say one thing do another
And argue that’s not what you did
Your way’s making me mental
How you filter as skewed interpret
I swear you won’t be happy til
I am bound in a straight jacket

Grand dissonance
The strings of my puppet are cut
The end of an era
Your discrediting’s lost my consent

Admiral jimbob said:
I can believe it. My Shivering Isles LP has turned me into a gibbering wreck, and not in a funny way.
Well, not funny for me.
But it must be completed jimbob. You are the messiah.

bat_boro

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
I can believe it. My Shivering Isles LP has turned me into a gibbering wreck, and not in a funny way.
Well, not funny for me.

It was not funny, jimbob, it was epic.
You're a true patriot!

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Was the "massive social experiment" thing original Fallout canon? I seem to remember something about Chris Avellone making it up, and I don't remember any references to it in Fallout 1.

Zomg

Arbiter
Pretty sure it's a nonsensical, shitty Fallout 2 (natch) plot point.

This bit sounds like they wanted an Ocean House Hotel level.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I thought the vault social experiments were too stupid to be considered canon and was just a brain fart by whoever thought it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom