Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Take the D.C. Mall area as an example normally everybody enters from the subway lines but if you want you can easily enter from the rivet city side

So what shall it be, will you go through the subway lines, or will you enter from the city side ? SUBWAY - CITY - SUBWAY - CITY !

Sjukob

Arcane
how many of you MORONS bought this shit without anything resembling actual gameplay footage, performance info, or anything tangible for that matter? you fucking dirtbags deserve to be fucked by bethesda again, and again, and again, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could brofist this .

Lemming42

Arcane
Why didn't I listen!

7/06/15 1:58pm
Mostly the reason it was better received was because it was a lot more linear like F1, and F2.

In Fallout 3 you could pick the wrong direction leaving 101 and end up triggering the end game almost immediately. As an open world game that is of course perfectly okay, but it wasn’t very Fallout since one and two had you work thru checkpoints and collect key items to gain access to areas in a very linear fashion. Take the D.C. Mall area as an example normally everybody enters from the subway lines but if you want you can easily enter from the rivet city side without ever setting foot in northern D.C..
:prosper:

My brain refuses to accept that comment as anything other than a joke. It has to be.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
how many of you MORONS bought this shit without anything resembling actual gameplay footage, performance info, or anything tangible for that matter? you fucking dirtbags deserve to be fucked by bethesda again, and again, and again, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Their legions are as endless as the tears of bitterness we shed, comrade.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
ManOfDill 9 points 14 hours ago

You forgot BOS

Statistical_InsanityDo Synths Dream of Robo Bighorners? 19 points 13 hours ago

Forgot what?

ManOfDill 8 points 13 hours ago

Brotherhood of steel

58592825866 18 points 12 hours ago

What about them?

ManOfDill 2 points 12 hours ago

There was a game titled Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

58592825866 32 points 12 hours ago

Go back to your nursing home grandpa, you're babbling.

ManOfDill 4 points 12 hours ago

Why aren't there any sugar bombs in this house? Boy those were the days when I'd have a bowl of sugar bombs and listen to the - Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel! It was a game.

brentlikeaboss 4 points 8 hours ago

No they were a faction, they didn't get their own game.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Daily reminder that this is what fallout 3 fans actually believe
hr47f33.png

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
hr47f33.png

Honestly.. This question isn't that far off the mark. I don't think I have seen Bethesda actually acknowledge New Vegas's existence. I think they are butt hurt Obsidian did a better job and wanna prove they can do things their way without Obsidians help. Almost like they want to show everyone they can in to fallout too!

• The central plot hook for Fallout 4 is based on Fallout 3
  • Despite the superior ratings / critical reception, they never mention New Vegas.. Like EVER
    • Howard / Hines never mention or talk about New Vegas in interviews post the pre-release hype train
  • There doesn't appear to be any new vegas references in the Fallout 4 Trailer
    • No mention of Mr.House / Any of the Factions / Locations

I know there's a lot of retarded pop a mole kids out there that say stupid shit.. but I have the same question on my mind. Does Bethesda consider New Vegas Canon or are they trying to sweep it under the rug because it put their work to shame so badly.

Jozoz

Prophet
I don't think they want to mention the game.

The whole metacritic scandal is very bad publicity for Beth.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fun fact: Fallout New Vegas alluded to the existence of an Enclave base in the Chicago area, giving Bethesda a way to bring the faction back if they so desire, authorized by the creators of the original Fallouts no less. :cool:

slGNVqh.png

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
It's actually a good thing they don't mention New Vegas, they stated they put F3 on the east coast because they were not comfortable with classic episodes lore (in addition to knowing the east coast more obviously) and I'm sure their claim is genuine.

Good to see they behave the same regarding New Vegas, looks like even they know which game is the actual Fallout 3 out there. :troll:

"TIL Cass' dad was a companion in Fallout 2"

This is currently on the front page of r/fallout

:prosper:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3cds0a/til_cass_dad_was_a_companion_in_fallout_2/

Additionally, for those who don't know, Fallout 3/NV/4 having the VATS targeting system is the newschool version of the old Fallout's being turn-based. During your turn, you could either spend your Action Points just shooting at your opponent(s) (in FO3 onward, this is the equivalent of "real time" combat) or spend more AP targeting specific body parts (in FO3 onward, this is the equivalent of VATS targeting). Eye damage lowered enemy accuracy, arm damage affected enemy two-handed weapon ability, leg damage caused enemies to expend more of their AP in per-tile movement, etc. Effective headshots were higher damage, and groin shots were always hilarious.

Honestly its kinda cool playing 3 and NV first since it makes the first ones seem like amazing huge legends, so subtly. I mean Cass, Jacobstown, dogmeat, um the one guy that became a tree. Its just cool that all of this is here and to learn about it, it makes this whole world seem historic and full of things I had no control or hand in which is rare and awesome in games.

So your telling me that when I told Cass that her family was dead so who cares (not exact line), I was the one who killed her dad in 2?

:avatard:

crying.jpg

mondblut

Arcane
hr47f33.png

Honestly.. This question isn't that far off the mark. I don't think I have seen Bethesda actually acknowledge New Vegas's existence. I think they are butt hurt Obsidian did a better job and wanna prove they can do things their way without Obsidians help. Almost like they want to show everyone they can in to fallout too!

• Despite the superior ratings / critical reception, they never mention New Vegas.. Like EVER
    • Howard / Hines never mention or talk about New Vegas in interviews post the pre-release hype train

I know there's a lot of retarded pop a mole kids out there that say stupid shit.. but I have the same question on my mind. Does Bethesda consider New Vegas Canon or are they trying to sweep it under the rug because it put their work to shame so badly.

I'd be ashamed of roman legionnaires in my canon either.

Kalasanty11

Learned
Honestly.. This question isn't that far off the mark. I don't think I have seen Bethesda actually acknowledge New Vegas's existence.
I think we should be actually happy with that. Bethesda staying away from west coast leaves hope that some actually competent developer will take care of it. Or at least that it won't be fucked up. And, in case Bethesda ever sells Fallout to said developer (man can dream), it would be easier to make that east coast nonsense not canon :smug:

New Vegas was better game because Obsidian didn't have to deal much with Bethestarded nonsense (when it comes to lore).

Their legions are as endless as the tears of bitterness we shed, comrade.

Interestingly enough, on the Bethestard Forums that are people who are a bit annoyed that some are not pre-ordering Fallout 4.

"I'll never understand the anti pre-order circle jerk.

I'm perfectly content with spending $60 now to pick the game up as soon as it comes out because this is an AAA title that happens once every 7 years. I'm going to buy it on release anyway, may as well get some tacked on goodies and not have to worry about having the funds when it releases." - HighestPrimate (aka HighestFuckknuckle)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1519570-pre-order-or-not/

pippin

What's in Toronto in the Fallout world? More Enclave, like it's shown in the map? The US Army did annexed Canada, according to FO1's intro.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not as if there are a lot of Fallout 3 references in the Fallout 4 trailer. It's a new setting so not surprising they don't mention New Vegas.

Re: That map, what canon is 'New' New Orleans mentioned in? It's funny because as recent as last year Sawyer said New Orleans would be one of his top choices if Obsidian got another chance at a spinoff.

Last edited:
I dunno, I can see NCR swallowing the region without much issue. The place went from shithole backwater town to largest settlement in the country in a few decades, they're easily the most competent guys around. Every place except for maybe San Francisco is smaller and weaker, or just too economically dependent on its neighbors. New Reno could maybe put up a fight but even if the mobsters somehow bandied together they wouldn't be able to hold back an actual organized army intent on bringing ITZ to nearby lawless hives of wretched villainy. The Den was New Reno's annoying little brother and became either a merchant/gambling hub or a raider/slaver shithole, the former may not necessarily want to stay independent and the latter would just get burned to the ground by said ITZ army. Gecko? Eeeeeeeeh...the power plant could get them a nice deal but not much else. Vault City has technology and they're armed just enough to keep raiders at bay, but they're even willing to deal with the formerly deemed "shoot on sight" ghouls if necessary so a good offer from the NCR and they'd likely join in a heartbeat. Arroyo eventually becomes a big city with nice topographical defenses and all, but even then joining the blob could be more attractive than remaining isolated and hoping a drought or a plague doesn't nearly wipe them out again.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's in Toronto in the Fallout world? More Enclave, like it's shown in the map? The US Army did annexed Canada, according to FO1's intro.

There's one or two mentions of "Ronto" in The Pitt DLC for FO3. That's all we know.

The New Orleans thing seems completely made up, yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom