Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Does this game already have official modding support almost 6 years after it was released or are the fanboys still waiting?

No mod support and the fanboys aren't waiting. They are paying a monthly fee to have their own server they can set up various parameters on. It's a live service game that is mostly played solo and with small groups, with an extremely robust cash shop and daily login rewards to keep everyone playing and paying.

Vyvian

Educated
Does this game already have official modding support almost 6 years after it was released or are the fanboys still waiting?

No mod support and the fanboys aren't waiting. They are paying a monthly fee to have their own server they can set up various parameters on. It's a live service game that is mostly played solo and with small groups, with an extremely robust cash shop and daily login rewards to keep everyone playing and paying.
It's incredible to me that people actually pay for Falloust 1st. It really offers nothing and if you play for any extended period of time you can "buy" up the entire RMT store for free.
I suppose the only price is your soul and your life.

I've given up on the game, it's clearly in some form of maintenance mode, milking what remains. I guess it's easy to make every content addition free when you don't actually make content.

Myobi

Liturgist

I'm ashamed to admit I actually threw 5€ for a key counting on actual p.servers and the mod support, and they couldn't even deliver that.... mother fuckers dude.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Mod support was already bad in fo4 it was obvious for 76 due to always online crap and it seems just as bad in starfield, it's over.

Risewild

Arbiter
I'm ashamed to admit I actually threw 5€ for a key counting on actual p.servers and the mod support, and they couldn't even deliver that.... mother fuckers dude.
Understandable. Not everyone can resist Todd and his sweet little lies.
Todd Howard said:
Todd Howard assured fans that Bethesda is completely committed to making it happen.

"We love mods, and so we are 100 percent committed to doing that in 76 as well," Howard said. "We will not be able to do that at launch though. Our goal for launch—this is really new for us—is have a well-running, robust service, and then some period later, we're currently still designing what that service looks like, you'll be able to have your own private world and be able to mod it and do all of that.

"With our games, that's where the long-term life of them really is. That is trickier when you get into an online world, but we're definitely committed to that. It just won't be at launch."

And a bonus quote from good ol' Pete Hines:
Pete Hines said:
"It's going to be a lot of work. But mods and private servers are definitely coming..."

"Mod support is going to be tied to work that we're also doing on private servers, and letting people do private servers. Mods will be a thing that run on private servers..."

"I don't foresee a universe in which we allow players to come in [to Fallout 76's public servers] with their own unique and different mods. If you want to run mods, they'll have to be done on a private server... You'll be deciding what sort of mods you're including and running, and everyone playing on that server is playing with those mods."

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Atlantic City - America’s Playground is the dark and dramatic sequel to the glitz and glam of Atlantic City – Boardwalk Paradise. Brave Atlantic City’s flooded city center to fight back against the Overgrown, get tangled up in the Russo family at the renovated Ingram Mansion and more in this free update, live now for all Fallout 76 players.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Atlantic City - America’s Playground is the dark and dramatic sequel to the glitz and glam of Atlantic City – Boardwalk Paradise. Brave Atlantic City’s flooded city center to fight back against the Overgrown, get tangled up in the Russo family at the renovated Ingram Mansion and more in this free update, live now for all Fallout 76 players.

Shut the fuck up, retard

LizardWizard

Cipher
a lot of the reason Starfield was fucked up was because Beth went back to fix 76, which they didn't have to do.

76 was always unfiaxble. It only still exists because of half-wits willing to shell out subs for fucking infinite stash space (which a modder could whip out in about 5 minutes).

Risewild

Arbiter
a lot of the reason Starfield was fucked up was because Beth went back to fix 76, which they didn't have to do.
Starfield was made by a different studio than the one that maintains 76.

The main Bethesda Game Studios made Starfield. Fallout 76 is maintained by Bethesda Game Studios Austin.

Myobi

Liturgist
I've installed this damn thing again to give it another go, shitty ass frame rate till I found out you need to edit an .ini file to disable its ass vsync or whatever the fuck...

Still kind of lagging, little delay every time I killed a mob, wondering if the damn thing didn't send me to US servers or whatever the fuck, but couldn't find any options on it.

... anyway, any tips for someone starting besides uninstalling the damn thing?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I've installed this damn thing again to give it another go, shitty ass frame rate till I found out you need to edit an .ini file to disable its ass vsync or whatever the fuck...

Still kind of lagging, little delay every time I killed a mob, wondering if the damn thing didn't send me to US servers or whatever the fuck, but couldn't find any options on it.

... anyway, any tips for someone starting besides uninstalling the damn thing?

Try switching from borderless window to fullscreen or vice versa. If you mean tips for starting the game as a whole, I recommend following the main questlines and see if that is fun. The exploration is excellent and the building is good too, if you are into that, but if the rest of the game is shit to you, then it won't matter how good the world is. So give the main quest a go, see if its fun as you level, if it is, start doing some side quests and exploring.

Vyvian

Educated
I actually logged in to give Atlantic City a fair shot.
What I got was another expedition and was immediately met with more bullet sponge enemies just like in The Pitt.
Once I got to the quest area it was kinda neat, I had to dress up like a clown and sabotage a stage show but in the end I felt like the clown.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom