Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

Calis

Pensionado
This is the comments thread for <A HREF="/gamedetails.php?id=35">Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game</A>

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The best CRPG I've had the pleasure of playing to date, but not the best game all categories, that would probably belong to either Civilization 2 or Pirates!.

Taoreich

Liturgist
At the risk of scorn, I admit to never having played Fallout. Can it still be purchased or is it an E-Bay aquisition at this point? Will it run on XP?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Better late then never. You can get a bundle (FO1 and 2) for 9.99.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Taoreich said:
At the risk of scorn, I admit to never having played Fallout. Can it still be purchased or is it an E-Bay aquisition at this point? Will it run on XP?

Fallout 2 will run under XP with no problems (at least none that I've noticed), but the first game needs some tweaking.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I just re-installed Fallout last night. I can't wait until my next day off so that I can start the adventure again. I haven't played it in years. I hope that I don't remember too much about it so that it will be like playing it for the first time again!

Taoreich

Liturgist
Well, just bought it on the wonderful interweb. Perhaps I will write a review of it, once complete, and see how my experience compares with the "Fallout Taliban."

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
And FO3 is the best CRPG to never really get off the ground. Unless it would of sucked, in which case it would have just sucked. I doubt that would have happened, though.

Taoreich

Liturgist
S4ur0n27 said:
FO is the best rpg and best game ever. FO2 is the second best CRPG ever.

Ah well, had I known that I would never had waited this long. I was under the impression that you fellows did not think highly of this Fallout series or it's trite turn-based combat.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Some cocked up combination of RT and TB in the one game? Suckage, major suckage.

Way1and3r

Novice
As popular as FO is on this site I am suprised to see its not higher on the list. Great game. Hopefully FO3 wont be a complete pile of poo but we shall see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom