Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Bakersfield GZDoom total conversion

Wunderbar

Arcane
Fallout-themed GZDoom game from the guy who did graphics for Olympus 2207 and Fallout Sonora.

:hype:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Looks promising, Berezin's had mock-ups of similar work on his DA and YT pages for around 2 years now. The 10mm looks near-identical to the first one he ever posted.

ezgif-1-2ad4043dee.gif

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Imagine if this had been Fallout 3 back in the day.

TwGCtxa.png

oBdwcfn.png

WnVtXFR.png

cEezI2d.png

Red888Guns is at it again

Hmm, it looks like HUD by Red888guns and gameplay in some Doom/Build engine

I keep Googling
The upcoming fan project known as Fallout: Bakersfield aims to recreate the first entry in the famous franchise in the form of a Doom clone. Development appears to be well underway, but a release date has not yet been announced. The recently released teaser trailer on the other hand is pretty incredible.

The project was begun by the modders Red888guns, Saur X, and Alexander Berezinis. Fallout: Bakersfield is apparently being powered by GZDoom, a program described as “a family of enhanced ports of the Doom engine for running on modern operating systems” that adds “new features not found in the games as originally published by id Software.”

According to the self-described Fallout Guru and Game Documentarian TKsMantis, “the teaser says Fallout: Bakersfield is powered by GZDoom. This is a good sign the project could actually see the light of day.” TKsMantis went on to say that “Alexander has been working on this for years” before noting how the story rundown “hints that we might see more on October 23.”

https://www.thegamer.com/fallout-bakersfield-reimagines-first-game-doom-clone/

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

Noct

Literate
Having been there in person, I can confirm that this is indeed an accurate representation of Bakersfield

A horse of course

Doesn't look remotely as good as the proof-of-concept teasers (understandably) and I have no interest in Fallout as a Doom clone tbh. Have to agree with rusty the racist's take.

Sjukob

Arcane
Let me guess, it's never actually coming out and was shown because: "Look what I can do! Look at me!"

tritosine2k

Erudite
Let me guess, it's never actually coming out and was shown because: "Look what I can do! Look at me!"
Reminds me of the unreal 4 infiltrator demo with its tunnel explode scene that can only look good from one angle because it's an import and sliced into 2D images.

At GDC 2013, Epic Games released the Unreal Engine 4 "Infiltrator" demo, running 100% in-engine in real time,
5/5
cool_story_bro.png
cool_story_bro.png
cool_story_bro.png
cool_story_bro.png
cool_story_bro.png

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
I'm puzzled on how they are going to implement the travelling system. Is it going to be a zone and whenever you want to exit a popup window appears and ask you if you want to leave and then back to the travel interface or a huge empty open world filled with the interesting zones?

Last edited:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Love this guy's art, hope the game turns out good. I like Doom and I like Fallout so a little mix of both can't hurt.

manifest

Educated
Has the artist Berezin commented on his art creation process, probably on some obscure gopnoid forum? I know in the original human models were scanned from clay maquettes in a very protracted process. It's impressive how closely he hews to that pre-rendered SGI look, not many modern games that manage to recreate it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom