Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Bakersfield GZDoom total conversion

Sjukob

Arcane
Why? It's mostly a set of new maps, sprite swap and reworked interface. Nothing too fancy, there are far more ambitious projects for Doom around
Fanmade content for any game is a wasteland of abandonned and unfinished projects. I can't help but feel sceptical about them unless they are either almost complete or the authors have a background of actually finishing their stuff, or both of those.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
people are being shortsighted by hating on this, any attention and work put into this IP can only be good for the community
c04.png

implying oblivion with guns is the same thing as fallout
End game is the same: providing zoomers another excuse to not play the original games.
in a way, maybe. but my point is this kind of stuff generates attention and makes people want to create new fallout or fallout related content.
there's only so many times i wanna play the same games over and over, no matter how iconic they are

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
apparently this Berezin guy is also involved in the upcoming New Blood RPG.
Well we did know that already, but that perspective change is absolutely massive if they plan to do that for every encounter in the game. I cannot imagine how much work this guy is taking on to do Fallout Bakersfield and the Newblood CRPG at the same time, that is A LOT of original Fallout styled art to be doing at once. I hope he doesn't burn himself out.

wishbonetail

Learned
Aestetics are nice but it wouldn't matter if it's a shooter. We already have plenty of those.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Just compare how this teaser looks when it comes to not being a visual diarrhea and actually posing as proper good old game to p. much every other "oldschool, throwback, boomer" shooter made by professional teams with an actual budget. Holy shit, gaming has to be even more financially "mismanaged" than most other industry sectors.

Curratum

Just compare how this teaser looks when it comes to not being a visual diarrhea and actually posing as proper good old game to p. much every other "oldschool, throwback, boomer" shooter made by professional teams with an actual budget. Holy shit, gaming has to be even more financially "mismanaged" than most other industry sectors.

It's not mismanagement, it's purposeful shitting it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom