Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout: New Vegas Meet the Companions

Azrael the cat said:
Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that the doc is the cliched good-guy-healer archetype - Obsidian can do better than that. I liked the take Avellone did on the techie-archetype with Myron, as useless as the git was in combat. If we're going to rip characters from common works/archetypes, surely we can at least do House rather than E.R.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. The description in the article and elsewhere seems to paint him as more of a utilitarian kind of guy.

"Arcade is highly ethical and moral, but he understands the post apocalyptic world is one in which sometimes, people just have to be shot in the head. Most of Arcade’s concerns about the world around him have to do with large-scale issues rather than the needs of individuals. While he appreciates what individual people go through, he firmly believes that it’s more important to affect large-scale societal change than fix problems little by little."

There's also the fact that he used to be a soldier in the enclave, at least he was in Van Buren, and I'm pretty sure he has the same background in FO:NV:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Arcade_Gannon

laclongquan

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
I dont know what the hell were you implying, not in a coherent manner, anyway.

Description: Though she now lives a peaceful life tending to Bighorners in the community of Jacobstown, Lily was once a Nightkin in The Master’s army. Before that, she was an elderly grandmother enjoying a simple life in Vault 17. Heavily medicated, Lily struggles with her dangerous schizophrenia and distant memories of her old life.

Yeah, I wonder what was he "implying".

:shrug:

He spoke of the other NPC that was NOT mentioned in the short paragraph above. And there I was thinking that he talked about Cass. My bad?

Anyway, Rose of Sharon Cassidy? you dont find that name a bit too strange?

Sannom

Augur
Pablosdog said:
Strayman

That robo-dog seems the most interesting. My guess is that the doctor guy is voiced by Chandler Bing from Friends

Don't make guess when you know the info is out there :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom