Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

DeepOcean

Arcane
Shit - I think from all these pictures and videos this might have transitioned into so shitty it's worth playing territory.

Are you sure?

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
this is just a rumor, but a dev (or a hardcore fan?) doxxed someone who made a video dissing the mod. imagine what kind of damage control the devs will have to do if this is true
ROvPOFq.png

ironmask

Arbiter
I see now that they are backtracking on being "Lore friendly" huh. I remember when the lead Dev joined NMA back when the mod was new and still in development. Most critized the COD like gameplay in the trailers and the nonsensical plot description of the mod. When he tried to defend it, then people criticize it even more. He only made like two post before never using the site again. These people didn't have any back bone then.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
What is it about this video game faction that causes so much anal anguish among trannies and furfags?

0MVTFJL.jpg

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
What is it about this video game faction that causes so much anal anguish among trannies and furfags?

Anything they can equate to Trump or Facism = literal violence.

Or, more accurately, anything they can equate to America as intended = literal violence.

Western culture and technological advances have led to a generation of people that literally should not exist, that they do is in defiance of all evolutionary laws. We conquered nature back in the 60's - 70's, and the west eradicated anything resembling true hardship in 1st world countries. This is the result.

And, because you can't remove the will to power in people, they have found ways to band together and seize power in a way that never would have occurred at any other time in human history.

200 years ago, on the frontier, if some fat fuck who claimed to be a woman despite having a growth of pubic hair on their neck, had told you that "actually the comanches, as the indengionous peoples, deserve the land and it's only our white privilege -" they would have been ostracized AT BEST.

Last edited:

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Also, where's the stock?
Dunno, but it's the highest DPS shotty I've seen ingame. I suspect it's considered lever action and is affected by the Cowboy perk.

The Donovan companion quest ends darkly, and includes, wait for it.....pederast sex slavery. The Lot companion quest....slavery. The Salt Mine quests.....unions and violent revolution....no middle ground paths.

Perhaps you can't join the Enclave, but you are awarded a suit of their power armor with relative ease, and nobody seems to comment on it.

Okagron

Prophet
I honestly wouldn't have minded this mod if it was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek, just for fun mod with a bunch of outdated pop culture references, with the devs just going along with the mocking of the mod. But then they had to get all serious to the point they ban people that criticize the mod in their discord and then it was found out that the mod had a bunch of weird fetishes, some that completely mischaracterize certain factions.

Of course it would still suck because making a Call of Duty out of New Vegas's version of Gamebryo is a bad idea in my opinion, but i wouldn't be clowning the mod this hard.

Druid Ardun

They unconsciously know enclave is right. They hate the very idea of purity because they themselves are impure abominations created by transgressions against the eternal laws of nature. They envy the disciplined pure aryan men as they will never come even close to them. Consumed by the flame of carnal desire they live their worthless lives impulsively satisfying any and all wicked thoughts.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I honestly wouldn't have minded this mod if it was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek, just for fun mod with a bunch of outdated pop culture references, with the devs just going along with the mocking of the mod. But then they had to get all serious to the point they ban people that criticize the mod in their discord and then it was found out that the mod had a bunch of weird fetishes, some that completely mischaracterize certain factions.

Of course it would still suck because making a Call of Duty out of New Vegas's version of Gamebryo is a bad idea in my opinion, but i wouldn't be clowning the mod this hard.
If they said from day one that this was a parody of Call of Duty and Fallout 3 with tons of weird fetiches, I would have dismissed this thing from day one and wouldnt have wasted my time. I'm not pissed for them being hacks and weirdos, I'm pissed for them being liers, at least the chief modder, this guy was the worse and he lied shamelessly non stop until the release of the mod. They wanted the fame and attention from the people who wanted to play something remotely similar to New Vegas and then they just dumped broken Call of Duty on gamebryo, what were they expecting?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Trannies and furfags trying to meme and defend this shite.

UAsm2Qe.png
Gonna flex a bit and tear this defensive meme apart.
>Working vehicles rivaling everything done before and after for any bethestard game
It's jank as fuck and feels off when you clash your buggy against something, anything, especially another vehicle. It looks, moves and feels exactly like an engine-level bethestard vehicle. Impressive considering done via scripting but get off your high horse, it's not any better than expected.
>3 major questline and 50+ side quests
They all terribly written derivatives of something mod producers player before (great games are played and not made, rings any bells dear reader?) and liked during their youth, namely CoD MW trilogy and MGS3. With no underlying theme, no substance to be found in any of these storylines beyond injected [currentyear] politics. In fact, the stories suffers from the same thing as vanilla FO3 - you're here to press awesome buttons and watch scripting jankcellency going off rails and don't have player agency much. Unless being Ramirez instead of being a CUCK camera with legs (like you were in Fallout 3) is player agency now then I quit you won...
>tons of new VFX pushing NV engine to its maximum
I recognize weijiesen's craft from a mile but you don't have infest your FNV install folder with Frontier to experience it.
>new world space the size of FO3
Your worldspace is an unstructured cobbled mess of quest dispensing camps and things to waste tons of ammo on. It's not just the size of FO3 but everything else of FO3, including the space station being on Mothership Zeta level of quality. Considering that devs are FO3-fangirls, no suprise they took gamedesign lessons from that and not New Vegas. The reason why it's not a FO3 mod is because all the players' and the professional modding community's attention is on FNV. It's not a Fallout 4 mod because driving on that jumbled mess of an engine will be impossible and one of the mod scripters shows it:

I know that barely disguised fetishes memes are funny but don't give more attention to it than that writer deserves because the main producers are the real villains of this shitstorm story.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom