Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal Strands - fantasy action-adventure game from former Dragon Age director Mike Laidlaw

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why is there a thread for 20 seconds of Unity assets?
Because Infinitron. Because eat goyslop, goy. Because: be open-minded, click on link, let Jew eat your brain. Because bury good games being made with mountains of WOKE shit. You still think Jews wish you well and want you to play good RPGs?
And he's going to push this despite the immediate reactions all being negative.
And post every Twitter update from Devs. Including their post-op tranny dilation or how Josh Sawyer changed rope on his Dora The Explorer backpack

And yes. He'll rate every criticism with: <dancing donut>, <shit> or <stop posting>

Shit is beyond pathetic. This generation of Jews will dig millions of graves for themselves

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
HOLY FUCK, give us one, just one Euro-centric, masculine main character, believable world with good storytelling and sexy women AAA RPG. But you can't. You're too invested in your DESTROY EUROPEANS narrative. Fucking children, importing Africa and starting WW3 is waaaay more important, dear little goy

Best We can offer is you playing as little girl in cartoony world, using giant axe to smash Knights from Kingdom Patriarchy. How about 70$, goy?!

It's from famous shabbos goy Mike Laidlaw, I have his left testicle hanging on my key ring. I'll even give yuge discount for pre-order: 69.99$! Buy it or your social credit goes down and you'll be in first wave of meat to be sent to butchery Ukraine

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
MIKE LAIDLAW YOU GOOOOYS! Famous RPG designer who gave you first ever lesbian and gay romances in your RPGs and introduced all the dumbing down of mechanics. MIIIKE LAID-LAW. Are you not excited goyim?! More DELICIOUS goyslop from one of best goyslop chefs!
:takemyjewgold:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not an RPG: https://www.ign.com/articles/eterna...enture-zelda-shadow-of-the-colossus-ign-first

Former Bioware/Ubisoft Devs Are Making A New Action-Adventure Called Eternal Strands – IGN First​

We’ll have exclusive coverage of this new Unreal Engine 5-powered action game all April long!​

Developer Yellow Brick Games, a new game development studio founded by AAA industry vets, including the longtime creative director of BioWare’s Dragon Age series, Mike Laidlaw, has announced Eternal Strands. This third-person action-adventure draws inspiration from the likes of Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter, where you’re doing battle with massive creatures hellbent on destroying you, and combines that with Tears of the Kingdom-like physics-manipulating powers to turn you into the ultimate sorcerer supreme badass. You play as a Weaver named Brynn, one of the few remaining magic users left after the use of magic caused a cataclysmic event that destroyed much of her world. Alongside the members of your fellow magic-using Weaverband, you’ll embark on an adventure that pits you against all manner of monsters, including more than a few massive giant bosses that really seem interested in stomping you into Weaver jerky.

Eternal Strands is our IGN First editorial “cover story” game for April, which means we’re diving deep into Yellow Brick’s debut project all month long! We’ll be exclusively bringing you the very first information on this upcoming action game.

To kick things off, today we’ve got the world premiere reveal of Eternal Strands in action via its spellbinding reveal trailer, which gives a small peek at what’s in store when we’re called to embark on this magical odyssey in 2025. Watch that trailer above, and don’t miss the first screenshots in the gallery below.

Be sure to stay tuned for more details all month long, including deep dives into the world, characters, gameplay, and the massive, extremely mean bosses that await, right here on IGN. You can also wishlist Eternal Strands on their Steam page, the Microsoft Store, or the PlayStation Store, and feel free to give Yellow Brick Games a follow on social.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I like it only thing needs to be perfected when fighting giant titans is clunky combat and dull exceedingly long battle.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

The gameplay is as generic as you'd expect from a project like this, but dear God, that art style is horrendous. Makes it look like a cheap cartoon aimed at dumb kids.

Small team, self published. It's the only real choice they have. What did you expect? BG3 levels of production fidelity?

KafkaBot

Scholar

Small team, self published. It's the only real choice they have. What did you expect? BG3 levels of production fidelity?
Taste is obviously subjective, but this just looks generic, in the sense that it resembles a ton of other unremarkable games on the market, many of them aimed at dumb kids. I just expected something that had some visual identity that wasn't "aping whatever the studio thinks is popular at the moment".

And sure, it is a (relatively) small team, but that doesn't make it impossible for them to have good art direction. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos was developed by a smaller team 4 years ago and it looks far more unique than this, and that's in spite of the fact that it is by no means a highly beautiful game. I'd agree with you if I had claimed the game's graphics weren't cutting-edge, but that's not what I'm complaining about; if I wanted that kind of thing, I'd just go watch the trailer for some bland AAA title.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Play as Brynn, a young but fearless Weaver, determined to recover her people’s cultural home in the debut fantasy action-adventure title from Yellow Brick Games, a new independent studio founded by industry veterans.

Armed with powerful magical abilities and an arsenal of magical weapons, face enemies that range from humanoid constructs to towering beasts. Use the environment and temperature to your advantage in battles against a diverse roster of fantastical creatures, like turning a dragon’s fiery breath against ice-covered minions. Climb every surface and use arcane skills to create new paths. Explore the world in pursuit of the Enclave’s lost mysteries and challenge giant titans on your journey.

Brynn_TK_ArkOfTheForge.gif

The World is Your Weapon

At the heart of Eternal Strands beats a revolutionary new system for gameplay interactions: heat spreads, cold chills, and real-time destruction allows for unprecedented reactivity in combat. Hurl burning tree trunks at enemies with telekinetic powers, snap nearby trees to block opposing fire, or channel raw telekinetic force to rip boulders from the ground.

Weaver of Magic

Wear the Mantle, a magical cloak that channels raw magic into raging flame, chilling ice, and telekinetic force. Combine your growing array of powers with enchanted weapons and armor crafted from slain enemies to create a custom look and style. Block incoming attacks with a wall of magical ice, lash out waves of flame from a massive two-handed blade, or toss enemies off a cliff with raw force.

Brynn_Climbing.gif

Stand Against Giants

Face gigantic adversaries and defeat them through a mix of sword, spell, and mobility. Leap onto and climb their massive forms to attack from different angles. Shatter armor or slice at weak spots to diminish their protection. Use ice to pin limbs of a towering foe, arcane flames to burn their fur, or catch lobbed projectiles and turn their attacks back upon them in battles that will leave scars upon the land.

Unstable Climate to Master

Enhance the effectiveness of your ice abilities during a flash freeze to open up new paths. Use a heatwave to start a wildfire and watch it spread towards enemies as it consumes the tinder-dry trees and grass around it.

Brynn_IceBridge.gif

A World Rich with Secrets

Explore the wilds, the capital city of Dynevron, and the secrets beneath as every surface is climbable. Magical abilities can create bridges, burn barriers, or launch Brynn across the world. The next-generation physics system encourages and rewards player creativity in exploration as much as combat. As the Enclave’s secrets unfold, return to base camp to consult with a rich cast of characters. Each are keen to discover the mysteries of what happened to this lost bastion of power and knowledge.

A realm of mystery, opportunity, danger, and wonder: the Enclave awaits.

AI GENERATED CONTENT DISCLOSURE​

The developers describe how their game uses AI Generated Content like this:
Disclaimer: the use of AI technology was strictly limited to internal development purposes, which were later replaced with final assets and performances.

This AI technology was used to create temporary placeholder assets for both voiceovers and sound effects during development. This approach allowed the development team to create efficient and seamless workflows, as well as test the game without delays. These AI-generated placeholders were then replaced with final assets produced by hired professional voice actors and sound designers, who provided the final performances and soundscapes for the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom