Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review First Mage Knight Apocalypse review - 2/5

Vidder

Liturgist
this is even better:
http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:1301

"Personally I have found Mage Knight Apocalypse to be one of the best rpg's that has hit the market in a long time. The pace is quick enough that after 7 hours of play I still haven't gotten at all bored with it. There is no “race” to advance my character, or leveling “treadmill” that I have to climb just to experience the content of the game because the content adjusts to where I am, not the other way around. I can simply log in and play the game, experience the story, and enjoy the world. Interesting concept, isn't it? A roleplaying game where you can play the role of hero in the story and let the story unfold before you at your own pace without having to worry about your character's stats, numbers, and equipment. In Mage Knight Apocalypse it is the story that is the centralized focus of the game, and I really wish more rpg game developers would get that concept and make it a part of their games."

how about watching a movie!

Nightjed

Liturgist
i dont get it, they use the "RPG" tag because potencial buyers have (or used to have) a good opinion about it, but they obviously dont want to make a rpg, so, what are they trying to do ?
do they want to change the definition of RPG to "Retarded Piece of Garbage" ?
do they want us to give up RPGs and push us into the FPS madness ?

wtf ...

Texas Red

Whiner
Man, the whole warrior bimbo in bikini armor and high heels concept should be banned just because its so idiotic.

obediah

Erudite
The Walkin' Dude said:
Man, the whole warrior bimbo in bikini armor and high heels concept should be banned just because its so idiotic.

No shit, the gaming market isn't 13 anymore.

Bikini armor just doesn't cut it for adult tastes - what fantasy rpg's need are gaping ass holes and sperm bubbles.

Vandreezer

Novice
I picked this up yesterday and I think it's great, I don't know what that Gamepro guy is smokin, it's an action RPG not an MMO foo!!! I'm playing the nightblade character (hot and deadly), she is wicked cool, I just got the "animate corpse" spell and can resurrect anything I kill to be my own minion of destruction! !!!! The second stage of the game, where you startin the amazon village is the bomb, fighting orcs alongside the Amazon, the story just got really cool...dont' want to give away any spoilers. I killed an orc with a claw for a hand, and he dropped his claw/hand as a weapon I can use now and it's sweet!! Trust me it's shaping up to be the best RPG I've played in a long time.

Vandreezer

Novice
I'm not a troll sucka.

I've been playin RPGs for freakin ever!!!

and I agree with the hireling thing above, not being able to drop weaps and armor on your little buddies is a drag, they just let you choose 1 of 3 types whenever somebody joins your group. I want to set them up exactly, they do let you order them around.

I'm not sayin it's game of the year, but I like it a crapload more than titan at this point and comparing it to WoW is like comparing it to Quake.

Has anyone on this thread played it yet?

psycojester

Arbiter
I have to say i'm not a fan of the new ghetto-troll style. It lacks believablitiy i much prefer the cranky irate anti-semetic ones from the good old days

obediah

Erudite
As soon as I receive my review copy from thepiratebay, I'll let you all know the real scoop.

Oh wait, from other reviews it seems pretty obvious playing this shitbag isn't worth a potential lawsuit. :)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The_Pope said:
This kind of thing restores my faith in humanity - looks like the lowest common denominator actually does have some standards.

Don't say that untill the sales figures come in....

Mr.Rocco

Novice
Hey, is it true that you have to be online to play this? Is it mmo or sp game?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I wish the trolls would make a wikipedia entry with their paid time instead of spamming the forums. I keep going there looking for more info but there's no page. No page on wiki for a game that's already been released = dead in the water product. No fan anticipation. No nothing.

In other news, Namco are based in California. Who wants to guess which state Mr Troll's IP traces back to? Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe...

obediah

Erudite
I picked up the DS game, and it seems pretty neat so far. I've never played the game, but from playing through two little battles, it feels like what I would expect a kiddie miniature skirmish game to feel like.

So far there hasn't been the depth or challenge to make it a good game, but I'm still in the hand-holding section of the game.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Drakron said:
Namco is a japanese company.
Namco's American head office is in Santa Clara, California (US). They created their American office only a year after they renamed the company in Japan and went from making mechanical horses to owning an old division of Atari.

obediah

Erudite
Mr.Rocco said:
obediah said:
I picked up the DS game,

DS game? Dungeon Siege?

Anyway, did you have to go online to play MKA?

Nintendo DS. I haven't played MKA, the MK game for the DS seems to be an attempt to put the tabletop game onto the DS. Certainly more interested, in Diablo III with heavy hangers or whatever MKA is all about.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
psycojester said:
I have to say i'm not a fan of the new ghetto-troll style. It lacks believablitiy i much prefer the cranky irate anti-semetic ones from the good old days

lol

Sadly, I don't think the crazy antisemitic ones are trolls.

Drakron

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Namco's American head office is in Santa Clara, California (US). They created their American office only a year after they renamed the company in Japan and went from making mechanical horses to owning an old division of Atari.

They can be based in hell as far I can give a damn ... I would since I do not enjoy the "the Meji restauration never happened" mentality that some japense companies seem to have and I would not mind to personaly send then there.

I doubt they care much ... not that it going to afect me much since Namco presence in europe is just limited to arcade machines.

Edit:Meh, Deep Silver seen to have pick this up ...

Shoelip

Arbiter
Drakron said:
DarkUnderlord said:

They can be based in hell as far I can give a damn ... I would since I do not enjoy the "the Meji restauration never happened" mentality that some japense companies seem to have and I would not mind to personaly send then there.

I doubt they care much ... not that it going to afect me much since Namco presence in europe is just limited to arcade machines.

Edit:Meh, Deep Silver seen to have pick this up ...

What the heck does the Meiji restoration have to do with anything? :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom