Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info First {official} version of Exult released

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: ExUlt

The first {official} version of <a href="http://exult.sourceforge.net/">Exult</a> has been released. What is Exult?
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
Exult is a project to create an Ultima 7 game engine that runs on modern operating systems, capable of using the data and graphics files that come with the game.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
You need the full, official version of Ultima 7 for it to function. You can download Exult <a href="http://exult.sourceforge.net/download.php">here</a>.
<br>
Spotted at <a href="http://www.gamespydaily.com">Gamespydaily</a>.

Calis

Pensionado
I'd like to point out that, while this is version 1.0, it's hardly the first Exult version released. They've been releasing all kinds of versions for a while now.

I'd also like to give a hearty shout-out to Willem Jan Palenstijn, whom I used to know in real life (but haven't actually seen in, oh, 7 years or so).

Rosh

Erudite
Odd, the ability for Ultima 7, SI, and 8 to be played in Windows has been around for quite some time. As I recall, Baroque Dragon released a utility that would enable them to run in the Windows environment, just over 2 years ago.

And the original save games will work, too.

This project does look pretty good, after taking a look through their work.

Spazmo

Erudite
I've been wating for something like this. I bought this thing with every Ultima from I to VIII and haven't even been able to play 7 or SI. I might just give them a whirl.

Rosh

Erudite
VII and Serpent Isle are the best of the series. 8 sucked hard because of the jumping puzzles and because it went mostly linear. 9 is still the worst by far.

Ultima VII was one of the few games, and possibly the first, that set up a believable world with time events for each person for work or whatever.

Ibbz

Augur
Chucked in the word "official" for ya Calis :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom