Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For console fags only: PS3 Slim announced, $299

snoek

Cipher
Buy xbawks...

Zakhal

Liturgist
Huh nevermind about the ps2 support. Now that I remember PC ps2 emulators latest version works pretty good and it has good scaling. Sony can lick it.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Zakhal said:
Huh nevermind about the ps2 support. Now that I remember PC ps2 emulators latest version works pretty good and it has good scaling. Sony can lick it.

Secretninja

Cipher
I am pretty sure you can play ps1 and ps3 games on them, but the ps2 bits were expensive and thus left out.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Elhoim said:
You can't play PS1-PS2 games at all in the newer PS3s at all? That really sucks...
PS1 games do work. Then there was a rumor several months ago that Sony patented a way to emulate Emotion Engine with Cell. PS2 BC may appear later on as a firmware update.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
That's why I have a PS3 and a PS2 with a "special" memory card that let's me play "not removed from the inventory" games. Suck it down.

BTW, recently Sony ordered a reprint of their older games for PS2 like ZOE: The 2nd Runner. Wonder what that means?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zakhal said:
Im still waiting for the ps2-software emulation. Not getting it without one.

Oh the fuck you say.

I have a 60GB PS3 with BC and i live in Europe. It cost me a pretty penny, but it was worth it
SO HAHA you poor peasant should have gotten one earlier.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
kingcomrade said:
Now that I remember PC ps2 emulators latest version works pretty good
You've been lied to. I actually just got the ps2 emulator to try playing some of my ps2 games with save states and it was super buggy.

And you need to stumble through finding the one specific configuration of graphics plugins (two main types, dozens of versions of each, each version having a DX9/DX10 version), sound plugins, arcane CPU options and speedhacks and playground builds of the emulator itself before by complete coincidence you stumble across the only configuration of all of these that works for no real reason
I gave up when I got to the fifth boss on Shadow of the Colossus, it flew out for a diving attack, flew through the wall and never came back. Why is that an emulator bug? Why would that happen? I don't know. But it was the last straw. It'd probably be more cost-effective just to buy a fucking PS2.

Castanova

Prophet
HanoverF said:
I skipped that with the PS3 when blu-ray won the format war.

Blu-ray didn't win the format war. It killed HD DVD in a dark alley while regular DVDs continue to reign supreme. I wouldn't be surprised if blu-ray is never widely adopted.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Castanova said:
HanoverF said:
I skipped that with the PS3 when blu-ray won the format war.

Blu-ray didn't win the format war. It killed HD DVD in a dark alley while regular DVDs continue to reign supreme. I wouldn't be surprised if blu-ray is never widely adopted.
The problem with blu-ray disks is that movies sold on them are so goddamn expensive.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Emotional Vampire said:
obediah said:
Emotional Vampire said:
It's people like you that should have a separate board, not trannies.

It would be a real shame if you got nuked from the database. 1394 posts, 5000 words, and 0 thoughts.

Oh, the man playing games for 12-year-olds will talk to me about thoughts.

Well at least your avatar fits your butthurt. That's a nice touch

I wanted to point out this little perl of a gay encounter at the start of the thread. Key to understanding the Codex, as you might say

Zakhal

Liturgist
Clockwork Knight said:
It'd probably be more cost-effective just to buy a fucking PS2.

Yeah, just get one with a special thingie for non removed games like WWolf. It's better than humiliating yourself with shitty emulators

I have ps2 and with bought games (with my salary piracy is not needed) but thats not the problem. Problem is that the worsened picture quality on 52" HDTV. It would be much better through ps3 or pc emulator.

In anycase Im sure they pc emulator is finished sooner than the sony one (if it ever arrives). Playstation one emulator needed som tweaking too at first but the games worked great in the end. As for laggyness emulators need lots of performance and I have plenty of that in my PC.

CrimsonAngel said:
Zakhal said:
Im still waiting for the ps2-software emulation. Not getting it without one.

Oh the fuck you say.

I have a 60GB PS3 with BC and i live in Europe. It cost me a pretty penny, but it was worth it
SO HAHA you poor peasant should have gotten one earlier.

I have like 200 games on different platforms waiting for playing. So Im not that desperate for more games or gaming consoles yet.. I could even wait for ps4 and skip this third one alltogether. Its been a bit of failure anyways.

ps3-grill.jpg

So they stripped Linux support and PS3 still can't be used as a media center. My old XBox is a more useful machine to me than a PS3 or a XBOX360.

An Asrock Nettop Ion 330 can play 1080p while using 47 watts and costs as much as a ps3 AND is a full on open PC. I guess I'm not keen enough on console games to consider crap worth having...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom