Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck your word filters.

Should we get rid of the word filters?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes but something should be done to the people who spam the word(s)

• Yes

• Total voters

Micmu

Magister
edited my post because without filters it contained ugly racist slur

Shannow

Waster of Time
I love Oblivion.
I fucking hate Oblivion.
See, I like the word-filter but it needs some more work.
fucking shouldn't be converted to I love. It should be hugging, loving or something similar.
I hugging hate Oblivion. Now that'd be a statement I could stand by.

Any drama-thread that lead to this one? Or was it just some productive members breaking out of their status?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Who the hell wants a word filter? Do you idiots really want to turn this place into a forum like all the other ones and get rid of the one thing that made the codex worthwhile? What's with this sudden love for censorship from any and all sides? Perhaps it's not even about the censorship that some seem to cheer this one on but because of the lulz and that's perhaps even more pathetic. Never thought I'd actually mean it, but no matter what, we're witnissing the very defenition of decline here. Bah.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Trash said:
Who the hell wants a word filter? Do you idiots really want to turn this place into a forum like all the other ones and get rid of the one thing that made the codex worthwhile?

I don't think I've seen anyone want the filters, what's your point?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Oh, didn't check the poll results, lawl. But then, if there was a Kingcomrade option it would probably have the 16 votes.

Hell, even if someone really 'likes' them today, will probably start bitching about them being annoying in less than 2 days.

Micmu

Magister
Old shit. This is what happens when the only admins get bored with the site. Too bad actually, but meh... it was about time to pack anyway.

Redlands

Arcane
Trash said:
Do you idiots really want to turn this place into a forum like all the other ones and get rid of the one thing that made the codex worthwhile?

What, you mean like meaningful RPG discussion, which is pretty much all gone? Or hell, even vague RPGish discussion that doesn't immediately degrade into a "banal-shit-boring" circle-jerk? In fact, why even bother pretending this is an RPG site at all, especially since nothing seems to count as an RPG?

Trash, this place already is basically like every other forum: a bunch of idiots hooting and hollering like loud, rampaging monkeys flinging their shit around. The only difference is that the monkeys here have flaming turds to throw; it doesn't make it any less retarded.

Anyway, I let myself get carried along in this dumb shit for too long.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*insert FUUU comic :
'Ah, my daily rpg codex time :)'
'Let us post a productive post. With fuck in it.'
'WHAT!'
'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'

Jesus fucking godddamn fuck cunt rape shit motherfuck who the fuck came up with this shit there will be violence

DraQ

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*insert FUUU comic :
'Let us post a productive post. With I love in it.'
'WHAT!'
'I LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO-''

Jesus I love godddamn I love cunt rape shit I love who the I love came up with this shit there will be violence
Fix'd.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
DraQ said:
Serious_Business said:
I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*insert FUUU comic :
'Let us post a productive post. With I love in it.'
'WHAT!'
'I LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO-''

Jesus I love godddamn I love cunt rape shit I love who the I love came up with this shit there will be violence
Fix'd.

:lol:

I hope you can one day find a dragoness who can match your wit. :)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Redlands said:
Trash said:
Do you idiots really want to turn this place into a forum like all the other ones and get rid of the one thing that made the codex worthwhile?

What, you mean like meaningful RPG discussion, which is pretty much all gone? Or hell, even vague RPGish discussion that doesn't immediately degrade into a "banal-shit-boring" circle-jerk? In fact, why even bother pretending this is an RPG site at all, especially since nothing seems to count as an RPG?

Trash, this place already is basically like every other forum: a bunch of idiots hooting and hollering like loud, rampaging monkeys flinging their shit around. The only difference is that the monkeys here have flaming turds to throw; it doesn't make it any less retarded.

Such a worthless site that you just HAD to post this, amirite?

Go fuck yourself.

Ohlie

Novice
I noticed that the wordfilters are retroactive. For every post, ever.

WTIL?

DraQ

Arcane
Marcelo21 said:
I hope you can one day find a dragoness who can match your wit. :)
Thanks, I do have quite a smart and witty GF, though - I doubt I'll have an opportunity to find anything more draconic. ;)

Ohlie said:

WTIL?
They apply changes when displaying content, without touching the DB itself.

Ohlie

Novice
DraQ said:
Ohlie said:

WTIL?
All well and good, but what do such hijinks accomplish?

Double Ogre

Scholar
Redlands said:
Trash said:

Fucking this. The Codex has been declining so fast, that even Annie Carlson stopped posting.

It's very hard to take this site seriously.

Ohlie said:
DraQ said:
Ohlie said:

WTIL?

it means as soon as the php script is modified or removed, all will display normally. You could probably write up a greasemonkey script to fix it client-side if you wanted to/were capable.

Ohlie

Novice
Occasionally Fatal said:
Ohlie said:
DraQ said:
Ohlie said:

WTIL?

it means as soon as the php script is modified or removed, all will display normally. You could probably write up a greasemonkey script to fix it client-side if you wanted to/were capable.

Thank you, although I should have been more clear that I wasn't questioning the software but rather the intention of the admins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom