Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fully full review of neverwinter nights 2

Jim Kata

Arbiter
suibhne said:
Yeah, I did the same: promised each to take care of the other, then let them fight it out once the dragon arrived. The giants took off half the dragon's health before being wiped out, leaving me a much easier battle. The downside to this is that you can't force-attack, so you have to choose (through dialogue) which side to attack (or both), which is clumsy and silly.

Yeah, not being about to force attack is retarded.

As a fighter character it was amazing how different it went - I stomped that dragon down in mere seconds as opposed to fighting 10-15 minutes and then falling.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
OccupatedVoid said:
Jim Kata said:
Yeah, not being about to force attack is retarded.
Especially when some NPC makes you angry, and you want to teach them lesson for good.

I think pretty much all nwn 2 npcs fall under that category.

In fact, that should be a dialog option in every encounter. You are making me angry, and I am going to teach you a lesson for good!

Texas Red

Whiner
Jim Kata said:
In fact, that should be a dialog option in every encounter. You are making me angry, and I am going to teach you a lesson for good!

D&D does not have chaotic retarded as an aligment choise.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Jim Kata said:

Well, that's obviously neeshka's alignment, and bishop's. I guess at least bishop is genuinely evil, but you would think he would be a little more circumspect in the same party as a paladina nd a neutral good cleric.

sabishii

Arbiter
Jim Kata said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
Jim Kata said:

Well, that's obviously neeshka's alignment, and bishop's. I guess at least bishop is genuinely evil, but you would think he would be a little more circumspect in the same party as a paladina nd a neutral good cleric.
I guess this is Obsidian and Bioware's "story driven" gameplay.

In the Soviet Union, the story drives you!

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Jim Kata said:

What if somebody wants to LARP a mass-murderer?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Well, I did the castle battle. Talk about disappointing!

After all that workup, I expected a huge battle. After all, I had about 2000 troops going into the battle. I lost maybe TWO troops, however, and i did not use them at all anyhow - just the much better ironfists and lizard men. My fighter was so out of control by that point that he could have easily soloed the entire force in that battle. Probably the entire force from each part all at once.

Maybe if I had no walls at all it would have made a little bit of a difference, but really building up the keep was a huge waste of time. Since that was the best part of the game, it really kinda leaves me feeling flat.

Right now I have done everything but the very final battle....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom