Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware FUMBBL

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by boot, Jul 24, 2017.

1. boot Savant

boot
    Open Call to Join the Kodex Kolonial Korps!

Help colonize FUMBBL, so you can always find a game.

post team name(s)

do you want to be an admin? I think everyone should be an admin. It would be fitting. Everyone will be an admin.

I can play after 4PM until bedtime most days for the next few weeks (16:00-23:00EST). What are your hours? Let's start soon. Once we have a few people we can start an Open-Round-Robin until the league stabilizes and we can go legit with divisions and playoffs. Do pick up games and shieet too.

:hero:

_______________________________________________________________________________

KKK teams

High-T - status: Retired
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=883035

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    ^ Top  
  2. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    I'm sorry, what dafuq are you talking about?

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. boot Savant

boot
    https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=11007

Blood Bowl

just got manhandled by Chaos Dwarves. Misclicks, unfamiliarity with the client, and rustiness ruined any chance I had against this veteran coach. At least nobody died.

FUMBBL community is kind. They really just want to play Blood Bowl.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. boot Savant

boot
    On now:

High-T vs Need 2 Feed

Going to start including link.

"Maybe the name of the team should be changed to Low-T" coach mutters to himself

Only managed a draw against vampires. I don't want to watch the replay. Lost the ball early on due to missing the time limit (something this important, you'd think it would be in big red glowing numbers or something. It's a little ticker up top. Shieeeet). Manged to score but it was drawn out brawling along the sidelines, using my sidestep blitzers to clear a path. Eventually got it in, but far from pretty.

Edit #34: watching replay, all I had to do was drop back with the ball. I insisted on gathering my dudes around and just ended up brawling. I don't know. The timeout thing must have got to me. I did fail a ton of rolls when I began trying to score quickly, but I didn't start off well enough and deserved it.

Start of second half I kicked off, got Blitz!, and promptly squandered it. Ball ended up landing on my own player. On my side of the field. Opposition coach gave the ball to a player on the opposite side of the one I overloaded and just walked it in...
    Felt very :retarded:.

And we tied. I had 6 or so turns to score, thought I could do a slow elf cage and just walk it in. Couldn't retain the ball. Failed bad. Had a chance to score at the end but failed a dodge roll. Not even mad. Played very bad. Thought the opposing coach was whiny and stupid and it would be easy. My own fault, really. Turn 6 I could have picked it the ball up with my catcher and scored if I just got a pick up roll in my favor. Wanted to get the SP with a different player. How stupid. Forgot to unhypontize players a few times, including the last turns. :prosper:

Worst thing I did was throw my catcher into the backfield without support. He got the crap beaten out of him for nothing. But I just did badly in general. Used Apothecary midway through second half on a dead lineman. He's still with us, but I considered letting him die. He's out next game, using a journeyman.

Did you know: That you can choose the gender of your players? Our journeyman has decided to be gender neutral. That is a real option

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    ^ Top  
  5. boot Savant

boot
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    ^ Top  
  6. boot Savant

boot
    <NOT_TO_BE> hey
    <flub> hi
    <flub> congrats
    <NOT_TO_BE> will see
    <NOT_TO_BE> its ur lucky day
    <NOT_TO_BE> gratz
    <flub> you rolled 2 6's on interception
    <flub> it's your lucky day bro
    <NOT_TO_BE> oh sure
    <flub> yeah
    <flub> watch the replay
    <NOT_TO_BE> bro
    <flub> sir

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=989289

HIGH-T FRUSTRATES ZOMBIES. 2-2 Tied by a hair, Rookie Coach flub - "I predict we won't be drawing anymore games."

7 Elves were Ko'd or CAS'ed by the end of the opposition's first drive, but High-T held on to tie the game, playing tenaciously through two interceptions and a few dozen armor breaks. If there were any observers, they might say this was the teams break-through, style defining performance, as they knuckled down and bled for the hard fought tie.

"I considered conceding when 7 of my guys were down. Or however many there were... getting killed...", flub says hazily "But these are Pro Elves. High-T, play until the end, never count us out. Remember what we did to those Dark Elves... These guys, my guys, they're playing [in] their freaking underwear! AV7! Everyone knows how it goes. They know. We're not afraid to lose guys. We already consider ourselves lost..." flub trails off for a second, before saying heavily, looking distantly past his monitor, "No matter what, we play it out. They [opposition] tried playing fast and loose- chasing blocks- and they paid for it."

When reminded that they only managed the tie thanks to double skulls on the opposition's penultimate turn, flub retorts sharply "We created that situation. You always plan for double skulls. Really, this guy was just getting what he deserved. Did I mention the 4Str ball carrier? C'mon. Let's not joke around about this."

flub continues somewhat incoherently "A low-T coach, obviously got his rating by just bashing weaker teams to death. We weren't even playing with 2 catchers... I mean, this could have been a blowout in our favor, easily. Talking about luck after making two interceptions on 6...that's just stupid."

Coach Corner (open)

Q & A
    Subject: Team Development

Q: flub, what's going on with Callow Knight? Do you think Dauntless makes him too big a target?
    Q: flub, why the fuck did you pick up diving catch on Icarus, are you retarded
    Q: flub, we heard Sgt. Slaughter rolled a 10, non doubles. Are you thinking of taking MA+? Typically-
    A: Okay, one at a time

Q: Everyone knows you take dodge 1st on your catcher. What is wrong with you?
    A: We started with only one catcher, and I expected with such a shaky offense he'd have to catch some inaccurate passes from whoever could get their hands on the ball. It also extends our pass range by +1 effectively for each passing zone when throwing to him and a great aid in avoiding interceptions, as we can pass the ball around him. That's enough of an answer for you.

Q: Callow Knight, sir. He's a huge target.
    A: This is known. But Dauntless allows us to play so much more aggressively. It's a necessity for the team, a game changing skill. It gives our defense a much needed weapon, and I know Callow Knight can handle the pressure.

Q: You've permanently stunted Icarus's development. He will never-
    A: Icarus is already trained to do the impossible. He will continue along the development path I have planned for him, and he will do the impossible for us. And you speak like tackle isn't common. It is very common, and will be even more so, soon.

Q: Uh, Sgt. Slaughter's roll?
    A: Yeah, I don't know. I'm even considering AV+.
    Q: NO
    A: Yeah. Really, I have to sit on this one. I really think we need Leader, but MA+ is tempting. AV+ would be nice on a AV7 team, too. I just have to sit on this one for now.

Q: Any plans for the money?
    A: Another catcher, obviously. I predict we won't be drawing anymore games. Once we start fielding catchers in numbers... I think we've got the foundation for a great team here. That's all I have to say.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. boot Savant

boot
    Pre-Season over, High-T headed for the Blackbox, flub calls RPGCODEX bunch of faggots

High-T has retired from the League Division and is heading for the blackbox to compete against the best of the best. From flub: "Learning period is over, time to get serious." When asked if he will continue to chronicle his experiences on the Codex or maintain a team for the KKK, he says, somewhat tersely "Bunch of faggots, why should I even bother? They don't care." Then, softening, "I might start a Norse Team for a KKK tournament if one comes along. Anyway, I'll be around."

Oh well.

^ Top  
  8. boot Savant

boot
    I've become inactive on fumbbl. It isn't fun playing with strangers, they are very petty, the faux courtesy gets to me, most games play out the same way.

I got a lot better though, I think. If anyone wants to play I'll log back in. I still think a league would be fun.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.