Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Funny Games

Are there any games that can out-humour The Secret of Monkey Island?

Panthera

Scholar
To answer the question, no, but Sam & Max: Hit the Road is pretty damn funny too.

Seboss

Liturgist
Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People is moderately fun.

spacemoose

Erudite
satori, I found this documentary about your life

thought you'd enjoy reminiscing for a while

index-1.gif

index-1.gif

index-1.gif

index-1.gif

index-1.gif

more here http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/meatlock ... dearl.html

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Do you mean on a game-to-game basis, or the whole series? Because Monkey Island wins hands down in the series department, despite Escape From Monkey Island dragging it down.

On a game-to-game basis, Day Of The Tentacle is a strong contender, as well as Psychonauts. Another game I've always considered funny is Sid & Al's Incredible Toons (later released as Incredible Toon Machine) for there you can make the funny stuff yourself.

But humour is subjective, so there's bound to be different opinions on the matter.

NiM82

Prophet
Giants: Citizen Kabuto can be pretty funny, though it's good old British humour that lesser beings might not understand.

NOLF's p.funny too.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I second Anachronox
Also Discworld Noir (I imagine the other two Discworld adventures are funny too, haven't tried them yet but it's Terry fucking Pratchett - do I need to say more?)

Other LA adventures can be pretty funny too, but I take it you have played them already.

Quilty

Magister
Grim Fandango, if it hasn't been mentioned yet. Definitely the original Sam and Max. Full Throttle in some parts as well.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Quilty said:
Grim Fandango

To to throw it out there, but I never found Grim Fandango to be funny. At all.

I think it's a good game, marred only by a slightly dodgy control system, but otherwise a solid story with good characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom