Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gabriel Knight makers progression! :X

Oligarch

Educated
How can you from this:
sinsfathers.jpg

gk3boxart_2.jpg

to this:
GMcover1.jpg

sam_bust.jpg

samwizarbox.jpg

WTF!!! :x
WTF IS THIS EMO SHIT!!??
WHY THIS BITCH IS WEARING A COLLAR? IS SHE A FUCKING DOG? :x

SoupNazi

Well let's be honest here, the second one is like, what, an ode to homosexuality?

Oligarch

Educated
SoupNazi said:
Well let's be honest here, the second one is like, what, an ode to homosexuality?

I feel sorry for you if every half naked aryan guy makes you feel gay, moron.

Look, at the beginning of development character was looking quite normal:
6796.jpg

FUUUUUUCKERS!!!!!! :x

and now:
Meet the male main character:
12434.jpg

the mask, and is he wearing a make up???

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
Gray Matter: First ever game to utilize body piercing and goth accessories.

The male protagonist does look bad though.

SoupNazi

Oligarch said:
SoupNazi said:

I feel sorry for you if every half naked aryan guy makes you feel gay, moron.

Well someone is butthurt. :smug:

Suchy

Arcane
OK, so anyone played it yet?

On another note, the soundtrack is made by the same guy who did music for GK series. Even if Gray Matter turns out shit, for me that's a reason enough to get it.

MapMan

Arcane
So, is it worth atleast not removing from the inventory or what?

Suchy

Arcane
So I gave it a short go.
The story so far seems retarded. The chick gets lost on a way to London because a roadsign was turned around by the wind... She ends up at a random creepy mansion and watches another chick trying to apply for an assistant job at the place. The girl gets murdered/snatched or whatever by some shadowy figure, before she manages to ring the doorbell. So what does our heroine do? Calls in claiming she is the new assistant.
:retarded:

Animation is bad.
Backgrounds are lovely. They look hand-drawn, but that's probably a photoshob job over renderings. Never the less they look good. Oxford outdoor locations seem somewhat too sterile.
Cutscenes remind me of GK1 - comic book style animations.

Music is good as expected. Same style as GK2/GK3, can't really compare it to GK1 midi tracks. Not jazzy though.
Voice acting is passable, but not good. Can't beat Tim Curry.

No pixel hunting. Hit space-bar and interactive areas get marked.

I'll give the game some more time. I hated the beginning, but the oldschool adventure gamplay is sweet. I like the atmosphere and the fact that it's based on real locations, like all Jensen's games.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Suchy said:
On another note, the soundtrack is made by the same guy who did music for GK series. Even if Gray Matter turns out shit, for me that's a reason enough to get it.

Robert Holmes. He's Jane Jensen's husband.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Spacebar to highlight interactive objects sounds good, at least. I can't fucking stand pixel-hunting.

Casus belli

Liturgist
Lesifoere said:
Spacebar to highlight interactive objects sounds good, at least. I can't fucking stand pixel-hunting.

Indeed. I don't care if this if some old-school adventure players might say this is :decline:, I just can't stand realizing that I spent my time waving my mouse around looking for an minuscule object.

Suchy

Arcane
Chapter 3. Emo level over 9000. Almost stopped playing. Fortunately there was an interesting puzzle and the story twisted nicely near the end of the chapter.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I just finished the first chapter and I have to say I'm really into it now. The very premise is weak (the sign being turned by the wind is just silly but I guess that a case could be made for Sam pretending to be the new assistant since she was exhausted and trickery is her trade) but it picks up afterward. Music and backgrounds are indeed gorgeous, and while the character models aren't ugly, their expressionless faces feel somewhat morbid. Voice acting ranges from mediocre to good. Writing is nice and occasionaly witty, as I expected from Jensen.

Puzzles are easy so far but then again it's the start. At least there isn't anything retarded like making a moustache from cat hair in GK3. I hope it gets harder later. The magic trick interface is neat but so far you can't pick the wrong trick so you can just click each of them until you get the right now. Would be nice if you can pick the wrong one later. Also the trick so far consist of just following the book, so I hope you'll have to use them as the base and improvise later.

It shows promise. I haven't been this enthusiast about a point-and-click game for a long time.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wait... the US version was censored for violence and the German version was not? What is this, fucking bizarro world?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Germany is the land of schattenjägers. They're used to those things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom