Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games of the late 90s and beyond

Texas Red

Whiner
Relayer71 said:
Volourn said:
"Even codexers like it."

Only dumb ones.

The intellectuals among us prefer the subtleties of that groundbreaking, genre-shaking, revolutionary, pulse-pounding, epic masterpiece known as Neverwinter Nights.

Most commoners cannot comprehend Bioware's symbolism. It was most astounding to see the parallels between the plague and the bird flue, plus the vain attempt of offering prayers to Helm's priests, mirroring the futility of religion.

LarsTheSurly

Scholar
If you like strategy, you should add Final Fantasy Tactics to your list.

Once you get past the ridiculous amount of translation errors, the story is actually very well written.

I knocked out FFT when it came out some years ago, as well as quite a few jrpgs. I'm looking for stuff now that actually has replayability, instead of just going through the same storyline again. Not saying it was bad, but there just isn't really a reason to play through it more than once if you're not going to cripple yourself to make it more interesting.

But I really appreciate all of the recommendations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom