Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games similar to Dungeon Keeper?

Nostradumbass

Scholar
Is there anything out there which is similar to Dungeon Keeper, but with more options for fleshing out your dungeon? I'd like a high level of customisation if possible.

Dungeons is out soon, but will have to see what level of choice you have when building a dungeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOATkOaZMdk

Tycn

Savant
It's excruciatingly slow at times, probably its biggest flaw. A timescale control would have benefited the game immensely.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ed123 said:
There's also "Dungeons" coming out in about a month, I made a thread about it ages ago and forgot about it.

Yeah, I can't wait to try it out.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DwarvenFood said:
It looks like a total rip-off I really do not know how they can get away with it ??? (I would like to see the game released though)
I found it strange, that the developers copied the visuals of Dungeon Keeper, since I never heard that they have acquired the rights of the game. But I look forward to it, and if it manages to be a good game, than who am I to complain about how it looks.

zeitgeist

Magister
Ladders & Snakes said:
DUNGEONS will deliver!

Why this talk about "clone"? Rather clone Dungeon Keeper than Call of Duty.
The somewhat worrying thing about it is that it's not a straight-up clone, from the interviews and other info released so far it seems to be more of a Theme Park-like game, with a Dungeon Keeper skin. I guess time will tell.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Nostradumbass said:
Is there anything out there which is similar to Dungeon Keeper, but with more options for fleshing out your dungeon? I'd like a high level of customisation if possible.

Dungeon Keeper 2

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
praetor said:
bros, i heard the dungeons "demo" is out on tpb :smug:

I see people really like helping out indie devs to survive and make kinds of games which are ignored by mainstream companies...

zeitgeist

Magister
Konjad said:
I see people really like helping out indie devs to survive and make kinds of games which are ignored by mainstream companies...
Kalypso said:
Play on the day of release!
You'll receive your download links and activation code by email the 03/02/2011 at 23:00 GMT.
steam said:
Available: 10 February 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks, and 13 hours
official Dungeons site said:
February 8th 2011
official Dungeons forum said:
The English language demo will be released next week.
Not a very fortunate sequence of events, is it.

Nostradumbass

Scholar
I gave in and tried the "demo." Very good despite what some reviews say (but quite a few bugs). Probably because the devs didn't bribe them enough. Don't expect a Dungeon Keeper game though... it is more like a Theme Hospital game in a DK setting (you will see a lot of similarities). Still very fun, even though I've only done the first level.

Definitely buying it to support the devs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom