Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Games with great combat

Which games in any genre and on any device have truly great combat? Great, not good or decent.

• Mount & Blade: Warband

• Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance

• Battle Brothers

• Jagged Alliance 2

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

• Demon Souls

• Dark Souls

• Dark Souls 2

• Dark Souls 3

• Bloodbourne

• Elden Ring

• F.E.A.R.

• F.E.A.R. 2

• Nioh

• Nioh 2

• Baldur's Gate

• Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

• Temple of Elemental Evil

• Knights of the Chalice

• Knights of the Chalice 2

• Doom

• Doom 2

• Doom 2016

• Doom Eternal

• Quake

• League of Legends

• Defense of the Ancients 2

• Unreal Tournament

• Operation: Flashpoint

• ARMA III

• Devil May Cry 5

• Monster Hunter: World

• Shadow of Mordor

• Nier Automata

• God of War

• God of War: Ragnarok

• Ghost of Tsushima

• Batman: Arkham City

• Ninja Gaiden: Black

• Dragon's Dogma

• Dragon's Dogma 2

• Assasin's Creed: Odyssey

• Assassin's Creed: Origins

• Assassin's Creed 2

• Sleeping Dogs

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

• Grand Theft Auto IV

• Halo Infinite

• Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

• Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

• Jedi: Fallen Order

• Jedi Survivor

• Hollow Knight

• Terraria

• Blade of Darkness

• Die by the Sword

• Rome: Total War

• Rome: Total War 2

• Medieval: Total War

• Warhammer: Total War

• Dead Cells

• Hades

• Sniper Elite 4

• Saint's Row 4

• Borderlands 2

• Risen

• Diablo

• Diablo 2

• Grim Dawn

• Path of Exile

• Titan Quest

• Vampire Survivors

• Bayonetta

• Mad Max

• Supreme Commander

• Total Annihilation

• Wacraft 3

• Warcraft2

• Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings

• XCom: UFO Defense

• XCom: Terror from the Deep

• XCom: Enemy Unknown

• Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

• Tales of Arise

• Max Payne

• Max Payne 2

• Max Payne 3

• Vermintide

• Underrail

• Hotline: Miami

• Hotline: Miami 2

• Streets of Rage 2

• Syndicate

• Crusader: No Remorse

• Hidden & Dangerous

• Hidden & Dangerous 2

• Mafia

• Mafia 2

• Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear

Results are only viewable after voting.
What's the point of comparing a frantic top down shooter like Hotline Miami to any turn-based RPG or even any ARPG? List Pac-Man or Asteroids while you're at it.

Because this is not a thread about any specific type of combat. It is about ALL great combat.
Why do you then list a several iterations of the same game and leave numerous other games out altogether?

Because as shocking as it may sound, I, the famous Porkman, am not perfect. Also, when I started this poll, I didn't know that there was a limit on total poll choices, so I thought I would just keep on keeping on adding new options as various butthurt Codexers chimed in. I blame this entirely on King Crispy, as being a Codex mod he should've clearly educated me on this.

tritosine2k

Erudite
PoE endgame is the craziest shit ever hands down not even a contest. Also not enough RAGE.

Gostak

Educated
Easy: Jedi Academy with the MBII mod. Gotta love it.
Open is varied as shit (also getting helped by the fact that you hardly ever know what the other player specced into with his points). If you add spin it gets even more spicy.

(Nobody serious plays this in 1st person, from the saber fights it seems he did not either but used a demo replay here)

"We need heavy weapons!" (Sillyness apparently without the usual teamkill punishment system?)

Airships: Conquer the Skies can also be nice.

Erm, Operation Flashpoint is all about the combat ...
Yes, the poll is useless.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
What's the point of comparing a frantic top down shooter like Hotline Miami to any turn-based RPG or even any ARPG? List Pac-Man or Asteroids while you're at it.

Because this is not a thread about any specific type of combat. It is about ALL great combat.
Why do you then list a several iterations of the same game and leave numerous other games out altogether?

Because as shocking as it may sound, I, the famous Porkman, am not perfect. Also, when I started this poll, I didn't know that there was a limit on total poll choices, so I thought I would just keep on keeping on adding new options as various butthurt Codexers chimed in. I blame this entirely on King Crispy, as being a Codex mod he should've clearly educated me on this.
... why did you think I had to split polls into two threads whenever I wanted to make a poll with 200 options?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom