Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games without females as regular enemies?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Since like 2015-2016 pretty much all AAA games switched to featuring females as regular enemies. For example AC Unity was last AC without female regular enemies, Watch Dogs 2 started having female enemies, whereas WD1 didn't, Dishonored 2 featured females as grunts and guards as opposed to Dishonored 1, Far Cry primal started with female enemies, whereas FC4 didn't have them. These examples are most striking, because there was no qualitative change that would warrant such switch, since the themes of the game kept relatively stable and operated on similar principles, moreover, going back in time like with AC would arguably mean even less chance for any female enemies in real life.
Wonder what was the catalyst in the industry or where did the directive came from for this mass switch? I think in these years the DEI/ESG fuckery started. And another question, is there a topic on the forum which would feature a list of modern games without females as regular enemies? If not, then post here for posterity, for people who detest killing females in games or hearing their dying moans.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Since like 2015-2016 pretty much all AAA games switched to featuring females as regular enemies.
Female bad guys have been in games forever. Saints Row (2006) had them. Morrowind (2002) had female villains, including one being the boss of the Tribinal DLC. Nox (2000) had it's main villain as a woman. Who can forget Alexis Sinclair of the Sin (1998) franchise? Fallout (1997) had several ranking members of the Khans, Skulz, Bladez, Circle of Thieves, etc. being women.

I could go on and on, but this didn't start recently.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Since like 2015-2016 pretty much all AAA games switched to featuring females as regular enemies.
Female bad guys have been in games forever. Saints Row (2006) had them. Morrowind (2002) had female villains, including one being the boss of the Tribinal DLC. Nox (2000) had it's main villain as a woman. Who can forget Alexis Sinclair of the Sin (1998) franchise? Fallout (1997) had several ranking members of the Khans, Skulz, Bladez, Circle of Thieves, etc. being women.

I could go on and on, but this didn't start recently.

Never played saints row that's why i missed it, as for Morrowind and bethesda they could kinda get a pass[i still modded female bandits out of their games everytime i get my hands on xedit/CK] solely because its fantasy world and low gore, though yes bethesda was always very progressive. As for the rest, as my post suggest i'm talking about females in the role of trash mob, the lowest of the low, like bandits in TES games, a very common enemy. Lots of AAA franchises with established male only enemies added females as enemies after 2015/2016 and new AAA games that have DEI/ESG seal of approval always have females as enemies. Therefore it would be nice to have a list of games that do not feature female enemies. For example i was turned off with acquiring wartales after hearing that female enemies are common.

Men make for far better villains. Just look at Crispy here. Can you imagine either Scrooge, Crooked Bee, or Theo being even 1/1000th as villainous as Crispy?

911 Jumper

Learned
Manhuntbox.jpg

No female enemies. All the Hunters (gang members tasked with hunting and killing the player's character) are male.

Must say, the OP's request has a mildly homoerotic undertone.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Seems people can't read, im not asking about old games that featured female enemies, or old games that didn't have female enemies, i'm asking about modern AAA games that does not have female enemies post 2015/2016.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
SDALGER

Although I want to point out the exclusion of females from the game wasn't because they were based slavs or whatever, but probably just because rigging female skeletons and animations was extraneous work for ukrainian studio. It just happens to be a happy accident that gives the zone the vibe of a prison colony. STALKER 2 will probably, inexplicably, feature women stalkers.

deuxhero

Arcane
I haven't seen any female enemies in Jagged Alliance 3 so far. I'd presumably be able to aggro civilians, but those shouldn't count. The totally not zombies quest might have some female infected.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Hell Swarm

Learned

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Starfield. Everything that's not a man is a tranny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom