Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GameSpot looks at Sacred

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Sacred

<a href=http://www.gamespot.com>GameSpot</a> posted a <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/sacred/preview_6086853.html>preview</a> of <a href=http://www.ascaron.com/gb/gb_sacred/index.html>Sacred</a>, an isometric action RPG.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>There's a heavy emphasis on role-playing in Sacred. The single-player campaign takes place over more than 30 main missions. From what we've seen so far, it looks like the main quests are personally tailored to each character, which seems to add a good bit of personality to the game. We're told that there are also more than 200 subquests and a limitless number of random quests that you can pursue at your leisure. These quests can reward you with valuable experience points, but they can also include piles of gold and even special items that you can't get anywhere else. Sacred will even support multiplayer play. In fact, we're told that there will be support for up to 16 players in some kind of player-versus-player mode and up to four players in a cooperative campaign game.</blockquote>
<br>
It looks like Sacred would be able to offer more then just an imitation of D2 gameplay. Besides, any game that has mounted combat gotta be good :)
<br>
<br>
<br>

<br>
<br>

Astromarine

Erudite
Oh, Sacred is THAT game. I've seen a preview of it in the giga.de tv show, and it looked fine. Great graphics, the spell effects were awesome, and some of the enemies looked huge on the screen. It was all in German so I understood nothing of what was said, and I saw none of the quest or dialog interface. Just combat. Still, what I saw of it looked decent.

Also, this thread is awesome:
http://www.ascaron-forum.com//showflat.php?Cat=&Number=20615&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

ecliptic

Liturgist
Never understood the allure of mounted combat, it never seems to work out that well.

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
What!? Another game with randomized quests? Are my dreams coming true? :shock:

Oh, but wait...this is that game for which one of the screenshots depicts the cobblestones in a town continuing smoothly into the ocean...and one of the characters fights in her underwear... :?

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
I'm looking forward to the game. I hope it can hold me longer than most CRPGs have been lately. :?

And I was also looking forward to Lionheart.

I will have to read a decent fan made review first before i buy it .

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
chrisbeddoes said:
And I was also looking forward to Lionheart.

I will have to read a decent fan made review first before i buy it .

While I agree with you on that, I have been following development of this game for well over a year now and their response to users on the forums is phenomenal. I really think they are listening to the public and working with them to make this a great game. Sure, it's action/rpg, but I can handle that if done well enough. I really hope this is the game that will kick D2's ass. The one thing I really thought was cool is that you can have up to 16 players in one game. Plus, those 16 players can be divided up into four parties of four and go up against each other. Should make for some interesting games. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom